Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Re: Why do I receive long text messages in multiple texts instead of one?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I would be frustrated as well receiving my messages out of order, Simszy94. Let's review this more in detail. What kind of phone do you have? Are you using a third party text application or the standard one that was installed on the device?

JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SIMSZY94

JasperM_VZW,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6, and I am using the standard Verizon Message+ application on the device.

Also, somebody elsewhere in this thread suggested that perhaps the AT&T iPhone user that I was having trouble with accidentally had labeled me as an iPhone user in her contacts.  I have already confirmed that my number is labeled as a mobile number, not an iPhone number, so we can already exclude that from the source of the problem.

Please let me know if you need any additional information, and thanks for your assistance.

- Simon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for that update. Are you using the latest version on our Message+ applicaiton? This would be 6.4.4.

NicoleT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
SIMSZY94

Yes, I am using version 6.4.4 of Message+.   But please note that this problem is not related to other glitches in the newest update that other people have been reporting.  I have been having this issue going back several months with this one particular friend of mine who is an AT&T iPhone user.  If you search google for the following terms:

AT&T verizon iphone messages split

You will find plenty of other people reporting this problem on the Verizon Community forum as well as other Android forums... it's not a new problem, just one that hasn't yet been fixed.

- Simon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We appreciate the details, Simszy94 and I’d be happy to continue helping. We want to be sure that we have exhausted all of our troubleshooting steps to determine what is causing the multiple texts.
Just for clarification, are you having any trouble whatsoever browsing the internet on the device? Also, please navigate to settings > mobile networks and tap “data roaming access”. We want to ensure that this is turned on. Does this occur in a particular zip code or everywhere you go? Please reach back out to us when you have the opportunity and we will be ready to continue helping.

SteveR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
todd_webcatcher

I have had the exact same thing happen to me. Anyone that has an iPhone on AT&T that sends me a text message, their message gets broken up into multiple messages (and not always in the correct order). This has been happening for several years and on different phones. My wife and I both experience this issue. Both of us have had Motorola Android phones for the last 5+ years.

basslakeview

That is same exact problem I have had, including today (Feb. 7, 2017). My

sister and best friend both have iPhones and one uses Message+ (or whatever

comes with the iPhone) and the other uses both apps.

It happened today only on FB Messenger, not on Message +, but it has

happened on both in the past.

I use a Samsung Note 4 (and LOVE IT, BTW). SE Android 6.0.1, Jan. 10, 2017.

Elizabeth

0 Likes
basslakeview

I'm not sure where the iPhone is all the time. I've not paid that much

attention to it. Today she was near Galveston TX when she sent this last

one. She used to live in Florida until recently and she used an android.

I have no trouble with Internet browsing on my phone at all. In fact, I do

everything on this phone. I use it like a tablet.

I will make that change in my settings and let you know if it helps.

The thing us, I've only had this problem with iPhone users.

Elizabeth

On Feb 6, 2017 7:32 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
basslakeview

I hear you.  Me too.  I really think they're trying to figure it out, too.

I have a Samsung Note 4 (LOVE IT, BTW). 

*We appreciate the details, Simszy94 and I’d be happy to continue helping.

We want to be sure that we have exhausted all of our troubleshooting steps

to determine what is causing the multiple texts.Just for clarification, are

you having any trouble whatsoever browsing the internet on the device?

Also, please navigate to settings > mobile networks and tap “data roaming

access”. We want to ensure that this is turned on. Does this occur in a

particular zip code or everywhere you go? Please reach back out to us when

you have the opportunity and we will be ready to continue helping.*

*SteveR_VZWFollow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response answered your

question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This

ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for

your help with this!*

[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SIMSZY94

SteveR_VZW,

I'm not aware of any problems with browsing the internet, but I don't do a lot of internet browsing.  I just turned on "data roaming access"... it was set to deny roaming access.  I did that several days ago.  That has not fixed the problem. The problem also occurs in any zip code I'm in, not just one.

If you search google for this problem, it has been a long standing problem reported by many people.

https://www.google.com/search?q=AT%26T+verizon+iphone+messages+split&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

This appears to be a recurring issue reported when Verizon users are communicating with an iPhone user on AT&T.  SMS is supposed to work according to some standard protocol that should allow a longer text to be reassembled properly when it is broken up into pieces.  I don't have this problem communicating with iPhone users on Verizon, or Android users on AT&T, only an iPhone user on AT&T.  Clearly somebody's technology doesn't seem to be functioning properly.  Apple, Verizon or AT&T?

- Simon

0 Likes