Highlighted

Why do I have to send text to my phone to login to VZW Website?

Novice

This just started a few weeks ago.  Almost every time I try to log in to the VZW Website on the internet (not My Verizon on my device) a message pops up about "lets make sure it is really you" and I have to send a text to my phone.  I went into the security settings and I have "Enhanced Authentication" turned off, yet I keep having to do this.  I log into my website often, sometimes from home and at work.  I understand when the system sees a new computer or IP address it asks me for my favorite food, but how can I stop having these annoying texts each time I log in?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why do I have to send text to my phone to login to VZW Website?

Customer Support

This is a great questions! We have these messages in place to ensure the secuirty of your acocunt is protected at all times. This method of secuirty helps prevent fraud from happening and and stealing of your personal information. JasonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

not just you, everyone accessing the website has to do it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Usually the first time or when you're accessing the website from a NEW device/IP address/new browser, but not ALMOST EVERY time.  There have been numerous posts of people having this issue where for some reason their devices are not being remembered cleanly and they are regularly presented with this security challenge.  I just logged in using Chrome and was NOT presented with this security challenge.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
Highlighted

Leader

i just logged into the other side of verizon wireless on my pc & was presented with the challenge:Untitled2.jpg

Highlighted

There is something behind all this.  It is not consistent and what is causing the inconsistency has not been identified.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

it's called security, my bank & other sites do it as well for my protection....i don't mind it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's annoying as heck. I'm the computer geek of the family, albeit 62 years old but I still live and work by computer as the network and IT person at work. If I'm at work and for one reason or another I have to log on to the VZW website, I have to call or text my wife and ask her the code that was just sent to her. SHe's handicapped and sometimes is not sitting by her phone awaiting my call.

Today I was chatting with VZW getting new plans setup and I had to do this 3 times through the course of one day, from the same computer.

Banking and on line purchases are a breeze because my iPhone keychain remembers passwords and login information. Passwords are always the same.

Bearone21, how would you feel having to type in a different passcode every time you logged into your bank?

Having to send a different code every stinking time is beyond annoying and really unnecessary. We've been with Verizon for 11 years and have never seen anything like this before.

Change it, Verizon.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Highlighted

Customer Support

darciself, we recognize your time is valuable and I can certainly understand your sentiment in regard to our login protocols. Help is here. To clarify, have you tried enabling the "Remember me" option when logging in to My Verizon? This will allow your device to be recognized, so that you are not prompted for the text message verification upon logging in. Please keep us posted with the results.

LorenzoP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

How do i disable this?

I'm tired of wasting my time allowing myself access.