Why do I have 0.00001 GB data usage with mobile data off?

carl_daddy87

I've had my mobile data off for a few days now. However, I noticed my phone is still using data:

03.27.20178:02 AM0.00001
03.27.20177:29 AM0.00001
03.27.20173:58 AM0.00001
03.27.20171:14 AM0.00001

Mobile data is definitely off, I'm looking at it now.

On the data usage screen, I see Android OS <0.01 GB. Not sure if that's the culprit. Is this data usage being counted against me?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Why do I have 0.00001 GB data usage with mobile data off?

Verizon Employee

carl_daddy87,  I know how important it is to stay on top of data usage each month, even now that I have the new Verizon Unlimited Plan.  I want to make sure we help provide you a better understanding of your data usage. What you are currently viewing are pings of your device connecting to our tower.  Your device will do this various times of day/night to provide our towers a reading of your usage. The small amount of data is counted towards your usage but the usage is very minimal.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Verizon Employee

carl_daddy87,  I know how important it is to stay on top of data usage each month, even now that I have the new Verizon Unlimited Plan.  I want to make sure we help provide you a better understanding of your data usage. What you are currently viewing are pings of your device connecting to our tower.  Your device will do this various times of day/night to provide our towers a reading of your usage. The small amount of data is counted towards your usage but the usage is very minimal.

yarelim_vzw

View solution in original post

0 Likes

carl_daddy87

Thank you for the explanation.

0 Likes