Highlighted

Why didn't I see a credit on my first bill?

I have had my new phone and plan for less then twenty four hours and now see I owe $105. One day? After reading everything about billing I'm still confused how signing up for a plan that would (total) $55 plus tax per month, how it became $105 due now. I also don't see my billing credit of $100 that Walmart said I receive when I sign up for Verizon. I now feel stupid for getting a (smartphone) and a Verizon plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Missing bill credit on first bill

Novice

In general your first bill will be prorated from the day you activate your phone through the end of the current billing cycle plus you will be charged for the following billing cycle since Verizon charges for service up front.  The $100 bill credit you are referring to takes 2-3 billing cycles to show up on your account. Hope this helps your next bill should be $55 + taxes and fees.  The first bill is always higher so don't feel stupid for getting the smartphone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Missing bill credit on first bill

Novice

In general your first bill will be prorated from the day you activate your phone through the end of the current billing cycle plus you will be charged for the following billing cycle since Verizon charges for service up front.  The $100 bill credit you are referring to takes 2-3 billing cycles to show up on your account. Hope this helps your next bill should be $55 + taxes and fees.  The first bill is always higher so don't feel stupid for getting the smartphone.

View solution in original post