Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Why did the monthly charge for my grandfathered month to month unlimited data plan go up $20 without warning or explaination?

m001590

Just got a notification on my phone that my bill was ready to review and I was surprised to see that Verizon had overcharged me $20 for a my grandfathered month to month unlimited data plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Why did the monthly charge for my grandfathered month to month unlimited data plan go up $20 without warning or explaination?

chris1060

Oct 8, 2015 - Verizon to add $20 to grandfathered unlimited data plans ... It's yet another sign the company's trying to force people to let go of their highly prized plans.

0 Likes

Re: Why did the monthly charge for my grandfathered month to month unlimited data plan go up $20 without warning or explaination?

pherson
Leader

It's not an overcharge. It was in the news, and tons of posts on this site, bill insert as well. It's been well publicized.

m001590

I can assure you that I did not receive an email or text with the warning and if I did I would have already been researching other carriers plans.  Verizon's excuse was that they did not have my contact info, but they definitely have my contact info because i get all the other senseless messages from Verizon about upgrading to the latest pocket picking plan or overrated smartphone.  Seems like another shady way of Verizon to overcharge its most loyal customers.

Ann154
Expert

m001590 wrote:

I can assure you that I did not receive an email or text with the warning and if I did I would have already been researching other carriers plans.  Verizon's excuse was that they did not have my contact info, but they definitely have my contact info because i get all the other senseless messages from Verizon about upgrading to the latest pocket picking plan or overrated smartphone.  Seems like another shady way of Verizon to overcharge its most loyal customers.

The notice was never issue via text message or separate email. It was on your bill that was issued on or after October 15th.  There was also an electronic notification when you signed into your MyVerizon account online during that same time period after October 15th to November 15th. The increase itself was in the next bill on or after November 15, 2015.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Makana

It went up $20 per phoneline!  I have three smartphone users on my account, and so KAPOW!  My monthly bill goes up by $60 with no warning whatsoever!  Great way to do business Verizon. 

0 Likes

flutterfly8497

Customers were notified on the October bill. ALL customers with unlimited data got the notification. Not reading it is not the same as not receiving notice.

Makana

There should have been a specific notice mailed separately through the USPS to more effectively serve customers with the notice.

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

If people read their bills they would know... Also if it was separate more than likely people would throw it away thinking it was junk mail and probably throw it out.

Makana

That’s right, IF people read their bills. If not, then what? Is your answer: TOO BAD, SO SAD?

The point is, if Verizon wanted to do more than just be able to say WE TOLD YOU SO -- if Verizon wanted to actually succeed in COMMUNICATING with their customers this increase in billing, then there are a whole lot of additional avenues to get the word out to avoid surprising their customers.