Why did my plan change if I paid full retail price?

carmencampise

I bought a new Samsung Note 4 on Saturday at the local Verizon Wireless store, paying full retail price to avoid needing to make any changes to my existing plan. However, I received a data usage alert 10 minutes after leaving the store as my plan was reset to 2GB. I was told by multiple service agents that an IPR was placed to reset my plan back to unlimited. How do I get an update on the status of that request? There is nowhere to check on the Verizon Wireless website from what I am seeing. Thank you.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Why did my plan change if I paid full retail price?

Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new device purchase carmencampise. I know how concerning it can be when you see your plan changes unexpectedly. If you purchased a new device at full retail, it should not have removed your unlimited data plan. I understand an inactive pricing request has already been filed. This is the correct step to readd your unlimited data plan back to your account. This process can take 5-7 business days to complete. Have you received an update on the request?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes

Snn5
Sr. Leader

If your plan changed when you purchased full price, then Verizon made an error.  You will need to follow up on this quickly and frequently, starting at the store you purchased at or by calling *611.

Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new device purchase carmencampise. I know how concerning it can be when you see your plan changes unexpectedly. If you purchased a new device at full retail, it should not have removed your unlimited data plan. I understand an inactive pricing request has already been filed. This is the correct step to readd your unlimited data plan back to your account. This process can take 5-7 business days to complete. Have you received an update on the request?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes