Highlighted

Why did my name suddenly change on my caller ID when I call people?

shwicaz

Hey gang!  I have had the same phone number for 2 years.  Whenever I would call people, my name would show up (as it should) on their caller ID's.

Suddenly, and for no reason, when I call people now, it isn't MY name that is displayed, but the name '>>removed<<'.  (my name is >>removed<<).

This just occurred out of the blue.  Anyone else have this happen?  And how can it be fixed?  Most of my friends screen their calls, and won't pick up if they don't recognize the name.  They don't answer my calls, because they don't know its me calling them.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Why did my name suddenly change on my caller ID when I call people?

budone
Sr. Leader

Log into your account online. In the box, "I want to", type 'Share name ID'. Click on the same name from the drop down menu. On the next screen you can change what is seen by others. I believe it takes 24 hours for the change to occur.

I wonder if someone you know may have logged in as you and changed it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Why did my name suddenly change on my caller ID when I call people?

budone
Sr. Leader

Log into your account online. In the box, "I want to", type 'Share name ID'. Click on the same name from the drop down menu. On the next screen you can change what is seen by others. I believe it takes 24 hours for the change to occur.

I wonder if someone you know may have logged in as you and changed it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes