Highlighted

Why did my contract date change?

gberry2317

My original contract end date was February of 2015, and now it shows it as August of 2015. Why did my contract date suddenly change? I did not agree to any extension, and was never asked or received notice of this. @VZWSupport

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Why did my contract date change?

Ann154
Expert

Loyalty plans usually have a one year contract extension attached to the offer. My guess, you switched to the loyalty plan in August 2014.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Weth
Sr. Leader

Did you change to a loyalty plan?

0 Likes

gberry2317

Yes, because it was the same price as what I was paying but more data because my plan wasn't offered anymore. I have switched features/plans before and the end date hasn't changed though. The rep on the phone definitely made no mention of a new end date.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Loyalty plans usually have a one year contract extension attached to the offer. My guess, you switched to the loyalty plan in August 2014.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Weth
Sr. Leader

+1 with Ann154

with Verizon, loyalty goes both ways!

0 Likes

gberry2317

That's fine, but that should probably be disclosed on the phone, when I specifically asked if it would change my current contract date and payment.

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Unfortunately I learned long ago I can never trust a sales pitch. That is why I do all the research on my own prior to going to a store and don't rely on information from anyone at a store. It would be great to be able to fully trust and let others tell you what is best for you, but usually it is what is best for them; especially when the contract says "you cannot rely on anything said by any sales associate."  I signed by father in law up for the loyalty plan, I knew ahead of time it was going to extend the contract. Not once did any sales person tell me that.

Ann154
Expert

It is unfortunate that the rep didn't disclose that information especially if you did ask them specifically about the contract date. I know I once had a loyalty plan many years ago with Verizon Wireless. The contract extension was disclosed to me at the time. Near the end of the one year contract, I was beginning to regret agreeing to the plan since I had been out of contract before agreeing to the plan and I was using a phone I had for a number of years. During that last year, the phone wasn't holding a charge as well as it used to and part of it broke requiring me to get it repaired out of pocket. When I was finally eligible for an upgrade, I purchased a new phone as soon as possible. Since then I get all the facts before agreeing to any loyalty perks from Verizon Wireless or other companies.

gberry2317

Well thanks for the responses. I have had Verizon for 8 years, and I wasn't planning on switching services at the end of the contract. I am just disappointed in the rep who changed my contract initially with incorrect information.

I spoke with Verizon today, they offered to switch me back and retroactive the date of the other contract, or stay on the loyalty plan with the extended date.

0 Likes