Why did my acces line fee go up $45 in one month?

Litapopp

My access line fee went up $45 this month.....why? And it didn't go up to $45 it's $45 higher than usual.  What the heck?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Why did my acces line fee go up $45 in one month?

Weth
Sr. Leader

How many lines? Did you have phone(s) on device payment plan and recently finished paying up? Are you on More Everything?

0 Likes

Litapopp

I have 6 lines which is what I've have for over 2 years now.  My dad paid off his device back in July and I am on the xl plan.  I haven't changed anything on my account in the last 2 months for their to be a difference between the 2 monthly bills

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Ya, makes no sense without seeing the details on the bill. The Verizon plan access fees are straight forward - $20 per phone, unless on contract then $40, tablets and hotspots $10, IOT devices $5.

0 Likes

C00LMAN1

My fee also went up, so I called to find out that my grandfathered unlimited data plan is not. They increased the cost to me because I have been a loyal subscriber and haven't upgraded in a while. I'm not happy.

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Go ahead and cancel your still great deal unlimited plan that you can't get anything else like it. - true unlimited without throttling.  It's still a great deal.  You are not in contract so the price can change anytime. 

0 Likes

Same thing happened to me but when u research it says the plans are going up to $49.99 per line ..I'm already paying that and they still increased my bill!!

0 Likes

Acrillix

Weth​ you make a great point. I also agree with the statement you made. VZW remains the only cell service provider to have true, not throttled, truly unlimited data. While it is not offered anymore and is grandfathered, you understand that the price will change with time. With the increase of data necessary applications and Mobile First Senior Citizens joining the data network, more people are using data and for more high capacity demands. People are constantly posting to FaceBook, Instagram, Snapchat, and communicating through favorite video chats such as FaceTime. There is a higher demand for the fastest network and VZW is providing it through their several avenues of access to data, such as 4G, 4G LTE, and LTE Advanced.

The unlimited data feature is something if you have it, don't let go. The moment you let go, is the same moment you will lose one of the greatest things that VZW used to offer. You have to understand times change, in the last few years think about how far we have come in the technology field. It seems like just 15+ years ago I was in my grandfathers basement playing Atari. Atari! And now I am playing Xbox One on games such as Destiny, Dying Light, etc.

Think about T-Mobile for a moment. Last year, they made a claim that they offer truly unlimited service. Unlimited talk, text, and data. Now that's a deal I'd consider leaving VZW for! But wait.... The FCC just finished their investigation and billed T-Mobile $48 MILLION DOLLARS for misleading customers. Think about that for a moment. Does that increase your will to complain about a raise in price when you remain to be one of the last of the Data Unlimited customers? Yes, VZW is raising the price. Will it go up again? Maybe. But let me tell you, it's worth it.

T-Mobile is paying a $48 Million Dollar Fine for 2015 claims, advertising unlimited service.

• The FCC investigated T-Mobile's claims that customers could purchase unlimited data plan, but many customers were throttled if they consumed too much data.
  • The FCC determined that T-Mobile misled customers.
  • The carrier has since revamped its Network Management policy and clarified the messaging of its deprioritization rules.

See? Case closed.

0 Likes