Highlighted

Why did line access fees increase on the unlimited?

If I upgrade to unlimited, my line access fee also goes up - from $30 to $60 for my jetpack and two tablets. Sneaky Smiley Sad.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Why did line access fees increase on the unlimited?

Line access fees for tablets and hotspot devices under the unlimited plan are $20 (up from $10). On the non-unlimited plans, they are still $10.

They must have decided to increase the fees for the unlimited plan since your tablet/hotspot is no longer sharing a single plan allotment, but it now getting its own pool of unlimited data with its own 22GB before it might be de-prioritized. The hot spot also gets 10GB of LTE, then unlimited 3G streaming. Verizon likely increased the cost of these lines because of the additional strain they may put on the network seeing as users no longer have to worry about a shared bucket of data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

My two iPads would also go up line access fee from $10 each tip $20. So my bill would go up on unlimited.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Line access fees for tablets and hotspot devices under the unlimited plan are $20 (up from $10). On the non-unlimited plans, they are still $10.

They must have decided to increase the fees for the unlimited plan since your tablet/hotspot is no longer sharing a single plan allotment, but it now getting its own pool of unlimited data with its own 22GB before it might be de-prioritized. The hot spot also gets 10GB of LTE, then unlimited 3G streaming. Verizon likely increased the cost of these lines because of the additional strain they may put on the network seeing as users no longer have to worry about a shared bucket of data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

So I have one phone and one hotspot device

$60 + $20 = $80 for the phone

??? + $20 = ?? for the hotspot

I get 22GB on the hotspot and 10GB on the phone before they slam me.

Is that right and what is the ??? for the hotspot

Thanks - I must be getting to old to understand what they have on the web - no examples suck.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Klang - since you have one phone and one hotspot, your itemized bill on

unlimited would increase by $10 for line access fees. No biggie for you,

but, those little things can add up. I noticed the difference when looking

at last month's bill, compared to signing up online for unlimited, but

stopped the process before confirming when my access fees jumped $30. I'm

on the fence:).

0 Likes
Highlighted

The ??? is likely an error. Your costs will be $60 (with autopsy) + $20 for phone and +$20 for hotspot.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I currently have the 16 g plan with 2 phones and 2 tablets. 

Currently

90 for data

20 for Phone 1

20 for Phone 2

10 for Tablet 1

10 for Tablet 2

150 total

I was thinking I could switch my 2 other phones from AT&T for $50 more

10 increase to unlimited

20 Phone 3

20 Phone 4

From what I am gathering though, my two tablets will increase to 20/line when I change the data? So this will wind up costing me $70 more a month?  I'm thinking I will just drop the two tablets and if they need on the internet (which they are rarely off wifi unless we vacation) I can just hotspot my phone.

Also, I see a lot of people taking about taxes and fees.  My current bill only has $8.62 in surcharges, taxes and fees.  Will this wind up going up much more?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Crystal_619, we would love to have you bring over your two lines. You are correct about the taxes not being much. Here is a great tool to get the tax and surcharge estimates that you need. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/taxes-and-surcharge-estimator/?lid=sayt&sayt=tax esti* Let us know if there is anything else that we can help with. https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/verizon-plan/

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

klang123, great question. It will be a $20 line access fee for the mobile hotspot device. You will be able to add this to the single line plan. Here's more details http://vz.to/2li86Gw.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes