Highlighted

Why did Verizon bill me for a device I returned on time?

solargear

I just discovered a mystery charge for $192 on my Verizon bill.  It was an equipment charge for a phone that I returned as part of the Edge Up plan.  I called Verizon on this and the conversation I had with their representative Dawn was completely shocking.  First, she tried to justify the charge on the grounds that it was part of my Edge Up agreement.  I said there was never anything presented to me online that indicated that I would have to pay this amount.  She asked me what letters or emails I received about this. Shocking item #1:  she couldn't retrieve the email that I had sitting right in front of me on my monitor that showed the complete billing description for the transaction.  And of course she didn't have an email address so I could send it to her.  So after considerable time she finally came to the conclusion that the charge in question was not part of the billing agreement.  So then I asked her if this had anything to do with my return of the device we were replacing. Note:  I had to bring it up.   I told her that I had returned the device within a week of receiving the new device.  She didn't believe me and asked for the tracking number.  I told her that I have had this experience before with Verizon where I returned something and they never logged it in (and they sicked a collection agency on me).  So finally I found the tracking number and looked it up online.  Now I had proof that the package was received by Verizon over a month ago! Shocking item #2:  Dawn could not find anything about this return even though it had been received over 1 month ago by Verizon.  So then I asked her about the grace period for returning old devices.  She said I actually had until November to return the device!  Shocking item #3:  Verizon billed me even before my grace period for return of the device had expired.  So I asked Dawn to credit my account so I wouldn't have to pay the erroneous $192 and all of the late fees and taxes that will follow.  Shocking item #4:  she could not credit my account even though she told me not to pay the $192 on this month's bill.  So now I will get late fees and pay extra taxes on my future Verizon bills and will have to spend countless hours on the phone trying to get those charges expunged. 

So this is just another episode in my (too) long, disappointing relationship with Verizon.  These fraudulent billing practices must end!!!   Stay on your alert everyone!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why did Verizon bill me for a device I returned on time?

Community Manager
Community Manager

solargear,

Having your bill correct is something that we strive for each month. I am so sorry to learn that you are seeing this additional charge on your bill. I can imagine how concerning this has been. I'm happy to look further into this for you. I will have to send you a Private Message in order to gather account details from you. I look forward to helping out further.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

solargear

When is this going to get fixed?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Our sincerest apologies about the delay in response solargear. Per last message, one of our representatives were supposed to get in touch with you to gather more information. Was that done? Have you heard anything back at this time? I know it’s been a few days. If not, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

solargear

I called again over the weekend. A case was opened but the issue is still unresolved.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to make sure this is resolved for you, solargear.

I want to try to go over the account with you. I am going to send you a Private Message and we will be able to look things over together.
LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

GlamGirl

We are having the SAME problem!  We JUST discovered it ... from July!!  UGH!!  And we're paying for 3 phones!!  Good luck!!

0 Likes