Highlighted

Why did I get charged for an overage?

SASSY604

Ok I am on the new plan of 24GB, I got my bill and they charged me $165.00 for Data Over Allowance.

I thought with this new plan that you did not get charged for overage.  I am really confused.

Lisa

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Data Over Allowance

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

You don't get charged for overages IF you activate Safety Mode, which is free on the larger plan that you are on (it's $5/mo for the 2,4, and 8 GB plans, free for 16 and 24GB plans).

Verizon requires you to turn on safety mode - they are not going to try and figure out for you if you want to keep your data a t the same 4G speed and pay overages, or let your data slow to a crawl once you reach your limit, and not be charged overages.

Safety Mode is OFF by default; turn it on to avoid overage fees.

View solution in original post

Re: Data Over Allowance

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

You don't get charged for overages IF you activate Safety Mode, which is free on the larger plan that you are on (it's $5/mo for the 2,4, and 8 GB plans, free for 16 and 24GB plans).

Verizon requires you to turn on safety mode - they are not going to try and figure out for you if you want to keep your data a t the same 4G speed and pay overages, or let your data slow to a crawl once you reach your limit, and not be charged overages.

Safety Mode is OFF by default; turn it on to avoid overage fees.

View solution in original post