Why data billing in Canada on Beyond Unlimited Plan?

Why did I receive a notification of data billing on travel into Canada? Beyond Unlimited Plan says it covers Talk, Text, and Data in Mexico and Canad.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Why data billing in Canada on Beyond Unlimited Plan?

Verizon Employee

Understanding your plan and charges is essential, ALBRUS27. We don't want you to come home to any unexpected charges while you were in Canada! I'd be happy to explain. Calls, text, and data are included with the Beyond Unlimited plan. Number 10 in this link confirms the plan coverage: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/beyond-unlimited-faqs/. While you are in Canada though, you will get a welcome text message stating 'Welcome to Canada!' and then it will provide the rates for calls, texts, and data. Those rates only apply when you don't have a plan to cover international usage. Please let me know if this is the message you received, or if you have additional questions.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

I didn't receive a welcome message when I entered Canada on November 8.

Instead, the first message I received from Verizon was a notification of

data charges. I think you have now confirmed that the notification of

charges was an error. I hope they will not appear on my next bill. Thanks.

Al

0 Likes

Customer Support

ALBRUS27, we certainly would not want to leave any doubt in your mind. It's our goal to ensure you have the right expectations and are able to travel without worry.

We're here for you to help review this notification regarding data charges. To help us work together, we've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox at your earliest convenience. We hope to hear from you soon.

Samantha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes