Highlighted

Why can't I upgrade after paying off my device?

I purchased a phone in May 2015 that was under the monthly payment lease plan. As of this month, the remaining balance on the device was $149.00.

From what I read on Verizon's website, in order to upgrade my phone I'd need to pay off the remainder, or pay off 75% of it and turn the device in to them. I paid off the $149 remaining balance of the phone this afternoon, and now according their website I am unable to upgrade my phone without paying full retail price.

I am beyond frustrated by this and do not understand why I am ineligible to purchase a new phone with the monthly payment plan. What is the deal?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Paid off device, but not allowed to upgrade??

If you just paid the remaining balance off this afternoon, you may want to wait until tomorrow as it may take a the system a couple of hours to update to actually show the $0.00 balance. Or you can contact customer service at 1- 800- 922- 0204 to verify the payment was processed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Note: Prior to paying off my device, my account showed that my line was eligible for a monthly installment plan upgrade—it was not until I paid off the device that this option disappeared and I am now only eligible to "upgrade at full retail." This is absurd.

Highlighted

If you just paid the remaining balance off this afternoon, you may want to wait until tomorrow as it may take a the system a couple of hours to update to actually show the $0.00 balance. Or you can contact customer service at 1- 800- 922- 0204 to verify the payment was processed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

I looked at my bill at my amount due is $16 less than what it was (the monthly payment for the phone was subtracted), so I think the system has processed it. When I view "My Devices" it says my line is ineligible for an upgrade until 05/12/2017, which is two years to the day that I purchased the phone with the payment plan—since it was a monthly payment plan though, it wasn't to my understanding a contract, so I don't know why I'm being barred from leasing a new device until then.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Never mind--now it is showing that I am eligible for an upgrade.