Highlighted

Why can't I text over wi-fi while I am out of the country?

My Galaxy S4 recently upgraded to Message+ 6.0.6. I am out of the country and texting over wifi. It was working fine prior to the upgrade. Now I'm getting a gray notification box stating "Network is unavailable. The message will be sent when the network is available of over wifi if you are subscribed to Integrated Messaging". I tried to subscribe using the settings menu but no luck. Doesn't seem to take. I'm also getting a white notification box stating "Sending SMS Messages...Message+ is sending a large number of SMS messages. Do you want to allow this app to continue sending messages?". With a DENY or ALLOW. When I hit ALLOW is just re-displays over and over again.

I could use some help with this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Message+

Customer Support

@Mike4851 Let’s keep working on this.  I would recommend  resetting the Messages + application on your phone. You can check out this link http://vz.to/1iamSL5 and follow the steps for resetting running application. Please keep us posted.
AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Help has arrived Mike4851. This should be the least of your worries while traveling. Your phone should be working like it was, and we are here to provide you that reliable service. What country are you currently located in? Are your roaming capabilities turned on? Have you tried using the stock messaging app on your phone? Try powering your phone off/on and retest.
JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm traveling in the Middle East. I was in Airplane Mode using wifi only when it was working. I turned off Airplane Mode and enabled mobile data. After switching to Samsung Messaging I was able to send and receive texts. I have restarted the phone many times.

While it is working somewhat, I would like to return to wifi only messaging as roaming texts and data get expensive. And Verizon Message+ was working until a week or so ago.

When I switch the default text app back to Verizon Message+, and check Settings, under Integrated Messaging Features, it says Subscribe but it's grayed out, like it's not an option.

I am using the Verizon Messages web app as a stand-in. I don't know if that affects the Integrated Messaging function.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

@Mike4851 Let’s get your messaging working again. Not to worry I’m here to help. Are you able to use other 3rd party messaging services via WIFI? Have you set up Verizon Messages online http://vz.to/1MCmm2w?
AdrienneP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am using the webapp version of Messages now. I haven't identified a 3rd party service I can use with my current phone number

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

@Mike4851 Let’s keep working on this.  I would recommend  resetting the Messages + application on your phone. You can check out this link http://vz.to/1iamSL5 and follow the steps for resetting running application. Please keep us posted.
AdrienneP_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes

This did the trick. Thank you. I had uninstalled and re-installed it a few times but I guess that doesn't clear the old data. Everything is working normally again.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

@Mike4851 I'm glad that it's up and working. Hope you have a safe trip. Please let us know if you need anything else.

AdriennePnVZWVZW
Follow us on TwitteVZWSupportort
If my response answered your question please click t�CorrecteAnswer�er� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes