Highlighted

Why can't I send or receive text messages?

tonys555

Hello, I recently added a couple of people to my unlimited talk and text account. We had devices already and yesterday they were activated.  They cannot send or recieve texts.. the phones have been powered down mulitiple times (one is an android  (samsung Galixy S and teh other is a samsung SCH-U300 I believe)

anyone esle run into this.

Teh plan that these folks had prior to being added to mine did not include text messaging (yes, it was old)

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: cannot send or recieve texts

Community Manager
Community Manager

I can understand the concern for the issues your lines are having with text messaging tonys555. SuzyQ is correct. If porting was a factor it can affect the functionality of the phones until the port is completed. Its important to ensure both phones are off an only your verizon phone is on while the port is being completed. If you continue to have issues please contact us so we can trouble-shoot your issue.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Can they make and receive calls?

You may need to call customer service and ensure that their lines are properly provisioned for text, especially if their numbers had no texting prior to this.  Were they ported from another carrier?  Porting sometimes takes a few days for all features to be activated fully.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I can understand the concern for the issues your lines are having with text messaging tonys555. SuzyQ is correct. If porting was a factor it can affect the functionality of the phones until the port is completed. Its important to ensure both phones are off an only your verizon phone is on while the port is being completed. If you continue to have issues please contact us so we can trouble-shoot your issue.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

tonys555

thank you.... they had "blocked" texts from their numbers because they were not included in their prior plan.  It took customer service 5 seconds to remove the block and all is well.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

Awesome!  Glad it got figured out!

0 Likes