Highlighted

Why can't I receive texts through Verizon messages on the desktop app?

My phone's micro USB port broke last night and now my phone won't turn on. I have been sending and receiving text messages through the web app this morning so I don't miss important info. I downloaded the desktop app so I could close the browser and still have messages, but I can't figure out how to sign in because I can't receive the verification code text messages on the web app. My phone was at 0% and I was able to turn it on and see the two text messages from Message+ with the codes but just as I saw them and before I could read them, my phone turned off and I can't get it on again. So I can tell that they got to my phone but I can't see them in the web app, so I can't sign in on Message+ desktop app. Nobody's dying, but it's kind of annoying. Any ideas? Is this just a security measure?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Why can't I receive messages from Message on the desktop app?

Customer Support

hipneck-

I know the frustration of not having a working phone when you most need it. The Verizon messaging app would require a verification code to be entered, this is in an attempt to protect your account from unauthorized usage. This would certainly be needed for this app to work. What I would suggest is activating an old phone that is no longer used so that you can complete the verification steps and use this feature on your computer. You may also open a claim if your phone has insurance or you may check for upgrade options at www.vzw.com/myverizon

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we are here to assist.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why can't I receive messages from Message on the desktop app?

Customer Support

hipneck-

I know the frustration of not having a working phone when you most need it. The Verizon messaging app would require a verification code to be entered, this is in an attempt to protect your account from unauthorized usage. This would certainly be needed for this app to work. What I would suggest is activating an old phone that is no longer used so that you can complete the verification steps and use this feature on your computer. You may also open a claim if your phone has insurance or you may check for upgrade options at www.vzw.com/myverizon

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we are here to assist.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes