Highlighted

Why can't I block a number on a line?

I have (3) lines, and I'm trying to block a number from calls/texts via the my Verizon portal. It allowed me to block it for 2 of the lines, but  for the 3rd, it tells me "We were unable to block xxx-xxx-xxxx on these devices" and lists the 3rd device. Why is is not allowing this number to be blocked on my 3rd line?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Why can't I block a number on a line?

Customer Support

Smhs0406, we definitely want you to be able to block numbers at your leisure. That error normally occurs when the block feature is not properly set up on the account or too many numbers are already blocked. When is the last time you blocked a number? Have you gotten a new phone since?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I am here to help you get these numbers blocked. In some instances, you can block the numbers right from your device. What is the make and model of your phone? That is certainly an odd error to receive. Walk me through how you are going about blocking these numbers.
NicholeK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

have you tried blocking within myverizon on a pc/mac??

0 Likes
Highlighted

It's a LG-Lucid™ 3 by LG

I tried blocking it from the my Verizon portal on my PC - it allowed me to do it for the other 2 lines, just not this one. It doesn't say it's unable to process the request - it just says it's unable to block it.

Highlighted

Leader

you're supposed to be able to block 5 numbers.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

I had issues with the MyVerizon portal for blocking numbers saying I needed to subscribe to the Visual Voicemail in order to block numbers. After blocking Visual Voicemail from my line completely, the number blocking feature has worked as intended.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Customer Support

We want to make sure you can update your blocked list for the third line, Joolie567. I'd like to assist with this and help get the number blocked. I have sent you a message, please reply to my direct message to continue.

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am having the same issue today. I was able to block numbers on 1 out of 2 of my lines on my Verizon account. I also received the error that it was unable to do so for my xxx-xxx-xxxx line. Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Medmsrwob,

You have reached the right place to help manager your account to get these numbers blocked. We will allow you to block up to 5 numbers at no cost. What exact error message are you receiving when attempting to block the number?

YareliM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am having the same issue. I would like to block 2 phone numbers from my whole account and I receive the same error as described. Can someone please resolve this today?

0 Likes