Highlighted

Why can't I add an account manager?

I've recently returned to Verizon after a disastrous and short lived relationship with Sprint. My wife and I had to terminate our contract with them because of several issues and because she was the one that cracked first, she was the one that got to call and scream at them. Since I was the account owner and she was halfway across the state at the time there was a great deal of confusion over trying to get her access to the account so she could even discuss the problems we were having, let alone try to make changes to the account (which ended in our leaving their service). I am again the account owner for Verizon and I was quite thrilled to see that I could designate account managers on My Verizon, which would prevent such difficulties in the future. A couple days after getting the account started went to do just that online.

I changed the billing password with no problems, but when I try to complete the process of designating her as a manager I get an error message saying that I cannot do that online and I should call customer service. Not 'You cannot do that online at this time' or 'That service is currently unavailable online' but a straight up 'You just cannot do that online.' I get as far as putting in her name, number, and address, and when I hit continue - error message. I've tried three times in the last two days, with the same result each time. Sure, I could call customer service or go to a store, but isn't enabling it as a function within My Verizon supposed to make it easier? I've even gotten a welcome email promoting it as one of the things I should do to set up my new account, along with things like setting up alerts for data usage and paperless billing.

I don't like calling customer service for cell service providers because I have never had a good experience with any company in doing so, and going to the Verizon store is always at least an hour visit while I wait for the two people ahead of me to finish their business. I love the convenience of managing my account online, but if you're going to promote that I do so, maybe you should actually make it so I can, rather than have me chase my tail trying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Can't add account manager

Community Manager
Community Manager

Alex_N7,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble completing this task. We do promote our self service options and want you to have the ability to use them. The option to assign account managers from Myverizon is definitely a working feature, however it is not eligible for the first 30 days of the account for fraud prevention purposes. If within first 30 days it will need to be done with a customer service rep or in store. We assure you that it will not be the sour experience you are expecting if you call. Please let us know if you need anymore assistance.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Alex_N7,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble completing this task. We do promote our self service options and want you to have the ability to use them. The option to assign account managers from Myverizon is definitely a working feature, however it is not eligible for the first 30 days of the account for fraud prevention purposes. If within first 30 days it will need to be done with a customer service rep or in store. We assure you that it will not be the sour experience you are expecting if you call. Please let us know if you need anymore assistance.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

That's great that you need to be with Verizon for 30 days before it becomes available. I have been with Verizon for several years. I am trying to setup account managers in my Verizon, I have a request pending from an account member to the account owner to become an account manager. Every time I, as the account owner, click accept on the request, I get the same error message. "Assign Account Managers

This option is temporarily unavailable in My Verizon. Please contact Customer Service at (800) 922-0204 if you'd like to add, change or remove Account Managers.

We apologize for the inconvenience."

This same error message has been showing for months. The last rep I spoke with de registered all of my my Verizon login accounts so that they can be re registered. How do I get my lines setup as an account manager?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

caydenmtyler, we apologize for this ongoing error message at our website. Did you have a chance to reach out to our customer service department to add an Account Manager to your account yet? http://vz.to/1809OuP

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes