Why can't I activate a phone while out of the country?

moose6006

Recently my phone was lost/stolen while on a study abroad.  I am still on the study abroad but just received my replacement phone, however I am having trouble activating it with the online method.  I can't call the international customer service as I have no access to a traditional phone and I can not get the live chat customer service to work either (seriously, how is it intuitive that you just have to wait on that site for someone to pick you up?  Horrendous design).  Why is the e-mail function not present anymore, and why is it so difficult to chat now?  It is very frustrating as I am out of the country and this is the time I could really use help.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Trouble activating a phone while out of country

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying moose6006! Unfortunately you would only have the ability to activate this device inside the US. My sincere apologies that we would be unable to activate the listed device at this time since you're currently outside of the US. Please keep us posted once you return to the US and we would be delighted to assist with activation. Have a great day!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

The wait is over, we're here to help moose6006! I'm sorry to hear your device was lost/stolen and you're having difficulty connecting with Customer Service to assist with the activation. However we'll do everything we can to get you back in action ASAP! In general you will need to be connected to the network in order for the device to successfully activate. Where are you studying abroad? What device make/model do you have?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

moose6006

Hello.

I’m in England and have an Apple iPhone 5s.

Rob

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for clarifying moose6006! Unfortunately you would only have the ability to activate this device inside the US. My sincere apologies that we would be unable to activate the listed device at this time since you're currently outside of the US. Please keep us posted once you return to the US and we would be delighted to assist with activation. Have a great day!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes