Highlighted

Re: Why are your Data Plans SO SCREWED UP? You are Unfairly making the average data user Subsidize the Big Data Users. This kind of thing is why I left AT

Expert

hDave wrote:

So far as I can tell this page appends all Replys to the end of the thread and does Not place them adjacent to the comment which one selects to Reply to.

That depends on how your profile is setup to view the community forum. There is a threaded or flat view. From your description, you are using the flat view. You can always check to see which post another post is replying to by clicking on the link above the post in question which is noted by "(to username)" next to the name of the poster who made the post.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Re: Why are your Data Plans SO SCREWED UP? You are Unfairly making the average data user Subsidize the Big Data Users. This kind of thing is why I left AT

Expert

If you went to the 10 GB plan, you can get $25 on the Month2Month discount on the lines that are out of contract instead of the $10 you get now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

TThe 10gb plan is the same price the old 6gb was, so they are giving more data for less. And making customers eligible for the $25 discount for less so a double win for those 6 and 8gb customers.

Highlighted

Not applicable

hDave wrote:

Verizon's Data Plans Offered Are:  2GB-$50/MO = $25/GB  *   3GB-$60/MO = $20/GB   *   4GB-$70/MO = $17.50/GB   *  10GB-$80/MO = $8/GB   *  15GB-$100/MO =  $6.66/GB   *   And Overages are Charged at $15 per 1k-1GB.

Ok first at&t and Verizon have the SAME plans. No sure which part of that you are not getting.

Your math is off because "data" plans also include minutes and texting. On the old Nationwide plans the cheapest minute plan( 700 minutes )was $50. Unlimited texting for all lines was $30. So those 2 right there would be $80. For $80 you're getting unlimited minutes and texting an 10 GB of data.

Up until Nov the 6 GB plan was $80 now you're getting 10 GB for the same price. I'm not sure why you're mad that your getting more for you money.

Highlighted

Don't need data on 2 old out of contract phones!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

hDave wrote:

Don't need data on 2 old out of contract phones!!

Share plans share with as many devices as you wish. You're not getting a data plan for those specific devices. You're getting a data plan for the entire account. Which part are you not getting yet? As I said the 6 GB plan when they had it was $80. So what you are saying you rather pay $80 for 6 GB than pay $80 for 10 GB.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Some people tend to think of this as rewarding you for purchasing in bulk instead of punishing you for purchasing smaller amounts of a product.

For example, I can purchase a single 20 oz soda from my local grocery store for $1.89. I can also purchase a single 2 liter bottle of the same soda for $1.75. It seems I am being punished for purchasing a small amount instead of purchasing a larger amount but no one seems to complain about THAT disparity. I tend to think I am being rewarded for purchasing in bulk.

Both are simply examples of paying a lower unit price for purchasing larger amounts of a product. I am sure you are rewarded for some products in greater amounts instead of paying the same unit price as someone purchasing smaller amounts. This is a common practice in MANY products, not just cellular data.

With the soda example I am paying $0.09/oz for the soda in the 20oz bottle and $0.026/oz for the soda in the 2 liter bottle. Am I getting screwed for purchasing the 20oz bottle or being rewarded for purchasing the 2 liter bottle? An argument can be made for both scenarios, depending on which one you are purchasing.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

I might get his point if 4 GB was $50 and 10 GB was $80 with no in between. But 10 GB is only $10 more than 4 GB so how much do they expect 6 GB to be if it was offered?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

We are forgetting that 10GB is normally $100 and is only on promotion for $80.

There is still a 6GB which is $80 and you can still get it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

No. You are not understanding what I am saying. I want 6GB for $8 or less per GB = $48 or Less! Guess I have to spell it out for you!  I Only Need 6GB Period!!!!! I DO NOT NEED 10GB!!! If You DO! Then Yay for You! Smiley Happy

0 Likes