Highlighted

Why are your Data Plans SO SCREWED UP? You are Unfairly making the average data user Subsidize the Big Data Users. This kind of thing is why I left AT

Why are your Data Plans SO SCREWED UP? You are Unfairly making the average data user Subsidize the Big Data Users. This kind of thing is why I left AT&T and came to Verizon a Decade ago. Their plans sound better now, maybe I should go back.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why are your Data Plans SO SCREWED UP? You are Unfairly making the average data user Subsidize the Big Data Users. This kind of thing is why I left AT

Community Manager
Community Manager

We don't want you to go hDave. We can go over plans and options with you so that you know you're receiving a good value. What plan do you currently have on your account?

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why are your Data Plans SO SCREWED UP? You are Unfairly making the average data user Subsidize the Big Data Users. This kind of thing is why I left AT

It's because they don't care about customers once they get your money and lock you into a plan, which is exactly why they fuck long term subscribers out of their unlimited data plans.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Verizon and AT&T have the exact same plans. You can get a data plan as low as 250MB so I don't see your point?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

It is not about the size of the smaller data allowances, but the cost. You pay more/MB with the smaller plans than with the larger. This is true, but it is also true in almost anything else you purchase. You get rewarded for purchasing in bulk. The more you buy, the lower the unit cost. I'm not sure why the OP thinks this should be any different.

Highlighted

Leader

Well. VZW also has basic phones that don't require data so that's still an option. The thing is, if you want a smartphone you have to pay for it. Plain and simple. My bill is almost $400 a month because I have a 30GB data plan with 5 smartphones. This is the service I request so this is the price I must pay.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I currently have 5 phones/lines. 2 Droid MAXX phones, a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and 2 basic phones (4+ year old Motorola & Samsung). The cost for each line rose considerably and usage fees more than doubled on the 2 basic phones when I upgraded the 3 smartphones at the beginning of this year and Had to Convert from my old Unlimited Family Plan to the Newer Share Everything Plan. My Data Usage varies a lot due to occasional travel which I have little control over. At least you recently began including a $10 deduction on each of the 2 older phones (which I have not updated in order to save money though they need updating). My Sweet Spot on Data would be around 6GB Monthly Data. But that level is not offered. Only 2, 3, 4, 10, or 15 GB plans are offered.

Verizon's Data Plans Offered Are:  2GB-$50/MO = $25/GB  *   3GB-$60/MO = $20/GB   *   4GB-$70/MO = $17.50/GB   *  10GB-$80/MO = $8/GB   *  15GB-$100/MO =  $6.66/GB   *   And Overages are Charged at $15 per 1k-1GB.

Offers JUMP From 4GB TO 10GB (There's a 6GB GAP/JUMP - WTF) - Why is there NO 6 or 8 GB offering?  Because Verizon is Overcharging the Lower Data Users!  Seems like All of the Other Cellular companies are Offering Better Deals.

If you can offer something better please let me know, otherwise I may have to consider going back to AT&T or moving to one of the other cellular companies.

0 Likes
Highlighted

What use would a 250MB plan be? Not much unless you are only using it for SMS and basic email! The Big Problem I see is Over-Charging a user $25 or even $20 per GB when all he only using 2 to 4 GB per month. If You are buying/ needing/using 10GB per month you're only paying $8 per GB. I have secure wi-fi 95% of the time so I don't need a Big Amount of Data except on sporadic occasions when traveling.

0 Likes

So glad you can afford $400 a month phone bill and require so many GBs of data. Most people can't afford that kind of expense and don't require anything near your data usage! I have 5 phones, 3 smart and 2 dumb, which are used by family members. We don't have a large need for Data since we're connected to secure wifi most of the time.

0 Likes
Highlighted

So far as I can tell this page appends all Replys to the end of the thread and does Not place them adjacent to the comment which one selects to Reply to.

0 Likes