Why are there so many sign in pages?

Isk

I regularly check my usage.  Originally there was one screen that requested user ID and password.  Then there were two screens, one for user ID and a second for password.  Now we have three pages to load, one for user ID, one for the security question, and one for the password.  I have "registered" my device every time I have entered the security answer, but the screen still comes up.  So I now must load three pages (extra data and extra time!) where it was one.  Anyone else having problems with this?  Is it Verizon's way of making sure you are charged for extra data usage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Signing in?

aravivel

Hi Isk,

As Ann154 pointed out, it is an additional layer of security.

This type of authentication at two levels (username & password) is called 2FA (2 factor authentication).

Sounds a bit painful to go an extra page to fill in your details, look at the marginal utility you gain.

It is better security. Subscribe to it

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

No, I don't have a problem with it. It provides an extra layer of security.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

aravivel

Hi Isk,

As Ann154 pointed out, it is an additional layer of security.

This type of authentication at two levels (username & password) is called 2FA (2 factor authentication).

Sounds a bit painful to go an extra page to fill in your details, look at the marginal utility you gain.

It is better security. Subscribe to it

View solution in original post

0 Likes