Why are there reconnect fees?

jrbrown1008

On my last bill I have a reconnect fee on each of my phone lines. I was late, but made the payment before the phones were ever disconnected--so why is that fee on my account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: reconnect fee

Acrillix

The reconnect fee is if your phones get shut off for non-payment. Even if they are shut off for a minute! My suggestion would be to contact Customer Service and see if they can remove the reconnect fee. If you were prompt and paid your bill immediately and have a good billing history they may do it.

If it was incorrectly billed, they will resolve it with no issue.

If it was correctly billed, and you are consistently late with payments and or in collections it is a valid charge and does not have to be removed.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Acrillix

The reconnect fee is if your phones get shut off for non-payment. Even if they are shut off for a minute! My suggestion would be to contact Customer Service and see if they can remove the reconnect fee. If you were prompt and paid your bill immediately and have a good billing history they may do it.

If it was incorrectly billed, they will resolve it with no issue.

If it was correctly billed, and you are consistently late with payments and or in collections it is a valid charge and does not have to be removed.

View solution in original post

dwahl13

Or you can call the Attorney General in your state.

0 Likes

glitchedpixel

I'm sure they'd love their time wasted. "Yes, I didn't pay my bill on time and got fees. It's all Verizon's fault!"