Highlighted

Why are there empty chat bubbles on Message+ after OS X Sierra update?

etep

Desktop app: CPU usage is pegged, unusable.  Empty chat bubbles.  I've read about this before but it doesnt seem to have been addressed.

Does Verizon ever address these type of issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Message+ OS X Sierra

lukereh

I found a fix for verizon message blank messages. It also seems to reduce the CPU usage which may have been caused by the blank messages.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

etep

I completely understand how important it is to utilize your Message+ Desktop application as designed! I'm so sorry for the continued trouble you're experiencing, and I want to do all I can to assist.

When did this start happening exactly? What version of Sierra are you currently running? What version of Message+ are you using? Do this issues happen on all message threads or only select ones?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

etep

Os X 10.12

2.0.2 Message+

It started when I upgraded to Sierra a couple days ago.  It happens with all.  Spinning wheel, pegged CPU usage.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Being able to use the desktop app is such a convenience, etep. We’re still on the case. With that update, had any new security features been added, such as a new firewall, etc.? Have you attempted to remove and re-install the Messages + application?

LynnD_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

etep

Nothing has changed.  I have removed/reinstalled.  Also, blank message bubbles have started appearing. If you resize the screen that sometimes fills them.

0 Likes

etep

VbG0GdW.png

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

etep,

We appreciate the added detail and for trying to uninstall and reinstall. At this time if the issue started at the time of the update you may need to reach out to Apple for support. While we show that the application would be compatible with OS X 10.8 and newer it's also possible that there may be some optimizations necessary for both the application or OS but at this time we have no other reported issues. You can check the application frequently to determine if an update is available otherwise you would also have the option to use the web based application by logging in through your My Verizon account https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/cdcservlet?realm=vzw&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fweb.vma.vzw.com%3....

AdamG_VZW

admiralronton

Hi AdamG,

I'm reporting the same issue.  After upgrading to Sierra, I'm seeing exactly the same behavior, so hopefully you can now create an issue for the development team to investigate.

Please let me know if/when a fix is available.

0 Likes

nengard

I also have this issue after the upgrade to Sierra on the 23rd of September. I get empty text bubbles randomly and today I can't receive any messages at all - nothing is coming to my computer at all.

Looks like you had warning but ignored it during the Sierra Beta: Need to provide feedback on Message+ broken in Mac Sierra beta

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at Fri, Oct 14 - 11.35 AM.png

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP112.0138.B17

SMC Version (system): 2.19f12

System Software Overview:

System Version: macOS 10.12 (16A323)

Kernel Version: Darwin 16.0.0

Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

Boot Mode: Normal

Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled

System Integrity Protection: Enabled

Time since boot: 23 minutes

Message+:

Version: 2.0.2

Source: 3rd Party

Install Date: 7/4/2016, Mon, Jul 4 - 6:43 AM

Screen Shot 2016-10-14 at Fri, Oct 14 - 11.39 AM.png

0 Likes

JOHSLO27

1.run disk utility in max osx safe mode , google it

2.download and install onyx for your version of osx, google it, - run the automatic cleanup, dont change any settings unless you're an advanced user

3.download and install malwarebytes for your version of osx, - run updates if it asks you anywhere and then scan 3.2 scan until scans come up clean

unsure if any nasty changes came along with your OS upgrade or messed up system files. If possible create a time machine or two backups of your files and try a clean install of your new, upgraded OS.

if that solves your issue something was off about your OS upgrade IMO _in my opinion_/shrug

,good luck

http://www.titanium.free.fr/onyx.html

0 Likes