Highlighted

Why are the people who stuck with verizon now getting the bad part of the deal?

Us "Little birds" with our "little bird phones" who decided to not go with the other companies who were trying to woo us away from verizon with promises seem to be now getting the worst end of the deal? The "little birds" who "flew off to the promise of a better existence" can now come back and get 10gb for 80$ and 20$ a month access charge for smart phones PLUS 300$ for trading in their old phone and buying a new one. The "little birds" who decided to stick with verizon get NOTHING. I looked into switching plans recently because I somehow ended up paying over 100$ for 3GB of Data and one smart phone access charge. So... how do I the loyal customer end up getting Screwed for being a LOYAL customer for over 4 years. When i looked into changing the plan i currently have to one of the plans they are offering now they were still charging me a 40$ line access charge. HEY VERIZON, HOW ABOUT YOU GIVE YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS SOME PERKS OR BONUSES FOR STICKING WITH YOU? Does any other loyal customer feel like they are getting the S*** end of the stick for being a loyal customer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why are the people who stuck with verizon now getting the bad part of the deal?

yes and currently looking to stop  being loyal asap

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Why are the people who stuck with verizon now getting the bad part of the deal?

Sr. Leader

Well, you contract terms for $40 a month are most likely different from the terms of the new plans which are $20 a month.  Loyalty in this situation would mean fulfilling your current promise to pay $40 on the contract you agreed to.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You are forgetting the new plans customers will also need to get a new phone on a payment plan  Which will usuall be right around $20/month, so it is right back to $40.  You should consider moving to the new plan. $45 for 3 GB, and $40/month access.   $85/month plus fees and taxes.  Then when your contract is completed, you will go down to $20 access fee, so $65/month plus fees and taxes. 

Highlighted

I have been with Verizon every since it has took over Bell Atlantic Mobile. I have been with this company for over 20 years and have never seen the customer service as bad as now. These companies just get too big and get hoggish investors that are only looking out for their bottom line. The customer service that once was is no more. And CETilghman you are right that Verizon cares nothing of their customers that have been loyal to them for years. You would think these companies would give some type of incentives for years with the company. This would be an incentive to stay with a company longer. But not Verizon Wireless. They are only after padding the pockets of the investors. I have written letters to Verizon Wireless about this before but these complaints fall on deaf ears. They never seem to get to the top level executives that need to hear these complaints not that they will do anything about them. Anyway, keep complaining and maybe start a Facebook and Twitter page airing complaints toward Verizon Wireless and maybe there will eventually be enough complaining to make a difference . Until then, keep complaining and keep your voice heard.

I am not under any contract with Verizon Wireless and have not been for a number of years but I still have the high charges and fees.

Highlighted

Totally agree. This is why I am shopping around pre-paid options from other carriers to "dip my toe in the water" coverage-wise before I switch.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

The primary thing that is "heard" is your dollars.  With no commitment, why are you still working with them?

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

CETilghman

Your complaint isn't based on the facts or correct assumptions.

Both old and new customers can switch to the new plan, at the new data rates.

The prices are for service and data only. 

New customers have to add the cost of a phone onto the published cost of the plan (just as you do if you switch).  If  current service includes paying off a phone, via a 2 year contract or Edge/Device Payment Plan, that obligation is carried over to the new plan.

IN your case, you can go on the plan and get the new data rate, but the $40 a month line fee which you are under contract to complete, stays.

AS for the port in credits and trade in credit.  They are a drop in the bucket.

I Switched twice in the past 2 years.  The cost is considerable.   You pay for 2 months service up front, activation fees, tax on new phones, payment for new phones. 

$300 per line and they take your old phone (which may be worth more) doesnt come close to covering the cost.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Baofeng, we love your loyalty to Verizon Wireless for the 20+ years you have been with us. We would be sad to see you leave. I would love to have the chance to turn things around and get us back on the right path. What kind of calling plan are you currently on? How many lines do you have on your account? I would love to see if we can find you some savings today. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am on a family plan with 5 lines that share 700 minutes and unlimited texting on all lines and unlimited data on three lines which I will lose if I update my plan to anything else. I am not interested in losing the unlimited data.So, I am at the mercy of the dogs.

Like I have said , Verizon offers me no deals and no breaks for being a loyal 20 + year customer. I am no different from the customer that comes in today and starts with Verizon Wireless. In fact they will get more incentives and breaks than me. They will be offered incentives to become a Verizon customer and the customers you currently have will be offered nothing.

Yes, you will offer me a different plan at the current prices for a 2 year contract but it will not be unlimited data (No longer offered) even though Verizon slows the data after you use a certain amount. You can tell me about your offers and how you are going to save me money but when it is all said and done I will be paying as much or more.

As everyone can see a Verizon representative comes on line to smooth things over. You never hear from the big dogs and they will never hear from us little puppies.

0 Likes