Highlighted

Why am I still seeing data charges on a suspended device?

pixpuf

I don't have Verizon cell service.  I have internet service which they have associated a cell number to and I have my old land line.  This is a seasonal cabin that wasn't going to be used for several months so I called to have the data reduced.  They suggested I put it on suspension which I did.  I got my next bill and they are still charging me $100.00 for 15 GB of data.  My problem is how can they charge for data going over a suspended line.  No one seems to understand my problem.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Data charge.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Lets work together to solve this mystery . I am sending you a private message here in our forums. Once you reply to that, we can get started. http://spr.ly/6589BuDyb

BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

So you have a Jetpack, Mifi or USB modem?

Suspensions last 90 days and can be renewed once for a total of 180 days in a rolling calendar year. If the suspension ended, you will be billed for the service. You are still responsible for the charges incurred prior to the suspension.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

pixpuf

The suspension has 60 more days to go but they are still charging me $100.00 for data usage.  How can there be a data charge is the line is suspended?  That's my problem.  My Jet pack is a stand alone not a USB.  To me it's like charging for incoming phone calls when the line is suspended.

0 Likes
Highlighted

pixpuf

The suspension has 60 more days to go but they are still charging me $100.00 for data usage.  How can there be a data charge is the line is suspended?  That's my problem.  My Jet pack is a stand alone not a USB.  To me it's like charging for incoming phone calls when the line is suspended.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

Could it be suspended with billing? There are two types of suspension. One without billing and another with billing.

Also check the bill for the billing cycle of the charges you have now. It could be what you incurred before you suspended the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Lets work together to solve this mystery . I am sending you a private message here in our forums. Once you reply to that, we can get started. http://spr.ly/6589BuDyb

BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

pixpuf

Why would I suspend it with billing?  That makes no sense at all.  The first time I called I explained the situation and I'm sure the rep. figured that billing would be suspended automatically.  Everyone I talk to acts like this is a cell phone.  To me it's like having your phone disconnected and yet being charged for calls that can't come in any way.  This is disgusting.

0 Likes
Highlighted

pixpuf

Replied to private message please let me know if it isn't received.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Ann154
Expert

A Jetpack has a line of service associated with it and it is how it connects to the Verizon Wireless network.

When did you suspend the Jetpack line? What is your billing cycle date? Does the bill say the service charges are for which billing cycle?

0 Likes
Highlighted

pixpuf

The jet pack was suspended Sept. 2 and my current bill shows a charge of 100.00 for talk and text 15GB which would have to be for the jet pack internet service.  Yesterday when I called and started complaining the did give me a 26 credit but I still owe the balance.  The charge for the land line is 25.79.

0 Likes