Highlighted

Why am I being charged for a mobile hotspot?

brobbins

Verizon is still charging me for the 4G LTE hotspot feature that I never asked for and have never used.  I called to cancel this feature and ask for previous months' reimbursement.  Instead, not only haven't I heard back from Verizon regarding reimbursement, but they're actually still charging me for the feature!  How can this be resolved, please?  Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Verizon is still charging me for a feature that I never asked for and never used!

Ann154
Expert

If you are the account owner of the line, you should be able to log into your MyVerizon account online and remove the mobile hotspot feature from your Change Features option within the account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Re: Verizon is still charging me for a feature that I never asked for and never used!

Ann154
Expert

Are you on the More Everything Plan or something different?

The Mobile Hotspot feature is included with the More Everything Plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

brobbins

Hi Ann, thanks for replying.  No I am not on a More Everything Plan.  I'm on an old plan that is charging me an extra $30/month for this feature.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello brobbins, let's get to the bottom of this together! We will definitely need to analyze the account to see what type of plan & features are on the line. Can you please send us a direct message so we can dive deeper? Here's steps: http://vz.to/1b8XnPy

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

brobbins

Thank you for replying, WiltonA_VZW.

I've spent much time on the phone with customer support, as well as trying my luck in a Verizon store.  So far:

1) They say they don't know how the feature got added (e.g. website, mobile app, etc).

2) They say there's no way for them to figure out that I never used the feature.

3) They reimbursed me one partial month.

4) I'm still out almost $180 dollars for 6 months of this feature.

Please help me if you can, else escalate.

p.s. I tried to follow the instructions from the link you posted.  But I can't find the "Follow" option while hovering over the avatar, as per the instructions.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

brobbins we'll get to the bottom of this and do everything we can to help! Please accept my follow request then send a Direct Message to access the details of the account.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

If you are the account owner of the line, you should be able to log into your MyVerizon account online and remove the mobile hotspot feature from your Change Features option within the account.

View solution in original post