Re: Canceled service before end of contract and billing cycle. Being charged an extra month!

NRock77

I have been with VZN for years. My bill has been astronomical. Over 200$ a month. So i went into a VZN store to see what they could do to help me. I was given a package with landline and jet pack. The rep was not very informative about how to use it and for some reason i don't know why my data went even higher over my limit so i was not only paying $200 for my bill but another $250 in data overages!!! My bill has been 400$ the last two months that i have had this package. Im sorry but that is out of control!!! So I went to T Mobile and they said they would pay my cancellation fees. My bill currently is $1500 and climbing...I feel like I'm going to throw up. SERIOUSLY. Luckily T mobile have been so helpful and giving allowing me to turn in my jet pack and phone for the cancellation fees. I even turned in an old piece of crap phone and they connected my iphone5. So now i am being charged $350 for the landline that i have never even plugged in!! ITS INSANITY!!! YOU guys are getting away with robbery. I don't know if there is any way I can just keep the landline and cancel the other 2 lines just so that i don't have to pay the $350. I am not rich by any means and this is the most horrible experience with any company I have ever had. I would appreciate some information on what I can do to reduce this awful criminal contract and billing situation. I was not aware that all three lines would be charged cancellation fees. I have never had a jet pack or landline in my life, and the sales rep was not at all thorough in his explanation with my contract. HELP!!!!

0 Likes

Re: Canceled service before end of contract and billing cycle. Being charged an extra month!

ponyruns
Novice

If you have auto pay your billing statement is ready and viewable at least 14 days prior to the funds transfer from your account to Verizon's accounts.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello NRock77,

This entire situation is definitely troubling! We always want to provide the best options at all times. For additional assistance please follow me MatthewS_VZW and then DM me with your mobile number/account number. I look forward to hearing from you soon, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes

neverclear

Really? My bill is also over $200- I have called Verizon a number of times to try to lower my bill.  AT&T  has the same plan for $160 -  &70 less - but Verizon will not match the price.

0 Likes

flutterfly8497

neverclear wrote:

Really? My bill is also over $200- I have called Verizon a number of times to try to lower my bill.  AT&T  has the same plan for $160 -  &70 less - but Verizon will not match the price.

Verizon doesn't price match, and they never have. People post complaints about price matching all the time.  It's not like taking a Wal-Mart flyer to the grocery store to get a box of cereal for Wal-Mart's price.   If the AT&T price is more suited to your budget, and the coverage is good, switch.  The $160 pricing doesn't include taxes, devices, or insurance, so make sure you find out all of the little details.  I think, and if I am wrong someone please correct me, that you have to bring your own device, pay full price for one through AT&T, or use their NEXT program (similar to EDGE or JUMP), and monthly installments on that will increase the bill significantly.  Don't stay with Verizon out of loyalty...if the service and price with AT&T is truly better, why not change?

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

flutterfly8497 wrote:

neverclear wrote:

Verizon doesn't price match, and they never have. People post complaints about price matching all the time.  It's not like taking a Wal-Mart flyer to the grocery store to get a box of cereal for Wal-Mart's price.   If the AT&T price is more suited to your budget, and the coverage is good, switch.  The $160 pricing doesn't include taxes, devices, or insurance, so make sure you find out all of the little details.  I think, and if I am wrong someone please correct me, that you have to bring your own device, pay full price for one through AT&T, or use their NEXT program (similar to EDGE or JUMP), and monthly installments on that will increase the bill significantly.  Don't stay with Verizon out of loyalty...if the service and price with AT&T is truly better, why not change?

That is my understanding as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

normbarb1

Have you ever heard Republic Wireless (republicwireless.com).  You buy the phone Moto X for $300 and the monthly fee is $25/month for 3G and $40/month for 4G (both are unlimited talk, text and data).  They also have WiFi only plans starting at $5/month.  My daughter and her family switched from Verizon and and do not see any difference in quality.  I plan to switch our phones.  I will save over $100 per month.

0 Likes

Re: Why am I being billed for an extra month?

Thanks for the heads up.  Sounds like a dirty company.  I am definitely leaving also no matter what the charge.  Why would anyone go with a company with these practices.  I will spread the news.  I also have been a long time Verizon customer and my parents both retired as Verizon employees.  Said to see them slip to such low levels. Sorry for your luck and I guess I will get the same treatment on my way out.

0 Likes

Re: Why am I being billed for an extra month?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Richardandlaurahunt, we never want to lose you as a valued customer. We truly value your loyalty, and we want to keep our long-standing relationship for many more years to come. 

It's no secret that we bill, and have always billed one month in advance. This is why all changes that are made, (whether it be a price plan change, feature change, or disconnect), is always done on your bill cycle date. We never want to lose any of our customers, but if you do cancel, we recommend doing it on or around your bill cycle date, as you are billed through then. 

For example, if your bill cycle is the 20th, your new cycle starts on the 21st. Therefore, your bill will be for the 21st-20th of the following month. In this instance, it would be best to disconnect on or around the 20th of the following month, as that is when you are billed through. It's in the Customer Agreement here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/legal/notices/customer-agreement/

Please refer to the "Can I take my wireless phone number to another carrier?" section. 

I hope this provides some clarity. 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes