Highlighted

Why Won't I Get Money Back After Paying For A Two Year Plan?

CHRCAR75

I was mislead about this plan when I signed up for it originally.  I was told that either of the two phones on the plan could be upgraded for "free for life every 2 years."  In essence, all this plan is was to pre-pay the retail value of the phone prior to upgrade ... I didn't really understand that at the time ... but ... okay ... you either pay it in advance or pay it going forward.

Problem is, about two years later I want to upgrade my wife's phone.  "Whoever told you this plan covered both phones was wrong ... this only covers your phone."  Seriously?  I went to another Verizon brick-and-mortar location and was told the same thing.

I just received a reminder that it's time to upgrade my phone ... and I'm no longer on the Verizon Edge plan.  I was tricked into this ... a window popped up a couple of months ago, asked me if I wanted more data and it wasn't until after I clicked through that I discovered they didn't just add data ... they switched me off of my plan and there wasn't an option to switch back.

Meanwhile ... I'm sitting here wondering ... what happened to all of those "pre-payments" I made for my "free upgrade" on the Verizon Edge plan???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Verizon Edge: I prepaid for 2 years but ... where's my money??

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Verizon Edge was not a "pre-payment" plan for phones you get in the future. It is/was(Edge changed its name to device payment plan) a phone purchasing plan without financing charge. You choose a phone to purchase, the full retail cost of that phone is split into 24 equal monthly payments. After you complete those payments, you can then enter into a new device payment plan to purchase another phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Verizon Edge was not a "pre-payment" plan for phones you get in the future. It is/was(Edge changed its name to device payment plan) a phone purchasing plan without financing charge. You choose a phone to purchase, the full retail cost of that phone is split into 24 equal monthly payments. After you complete those payments, you can then enter into a new device payment plan to purchase another phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

STEELBLUE1

As the other person said, you were paying for the current phone Its now just a 2 yr. payment plan. At the end of paying off the phone (you can payoff early) you can start a new phone pmt. You could also keep the phone after 2yrs and NOT have a phone pmt.

0 Likes