Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Why I wont be joining Verizon and neither should you.

Well after countless hours of not being helped by customer service and also getting different answers from everyone I spoke with, I was looking at different carriers to switch to and I think by far that T-mobile has the best deal.  No they don't have as good coverage as Verizon does, but they have data roll over where your unused data goes to the next month and so on for a year when it will expire.  Verizon will not be offering that at all and still will be over charging for data, plus t mobile has the international unlimited data and text which is included with the post-paid plans at no additional charge, Verizon will charge up the wazoo for that.  So basically I will not be joining Verizon wireless and neither should you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Why I wont be joining Verizon and neither should you.

Not applicable

Why do you care what anyone else does. Guess what T-Mobile doesn't care to offer ANY service within an hour of me so guess what I'm not joining T-Moible. At last Verizon bothers to offer service. Verizon doesn't have to compete on price they offer a superior network. Hopefully you won't need you T-Mobile service in an emergency outside of the big cities.

To each his (or her) own...

Sr. Leader

lheneryf wrote:

I think by far that T-mobile has the best deal.  No they don't have as good coverage as Verizon does, but they have data roll over where your unused data goes to the next month and so on for a year when it will expire.

Problem with THIS little comparison is that MOST if not ALL of my data would be rolled over each month since I won't be able to use it without the coverage I have with Verizon. What good is roll over data if you never have signal to use it???? How is paying a monthly fee, although smaller than Verizon, for service I can't use a wise choice for ME if I choose to take your advice????

lheneryf wrote:

So basically I will not be joining Verizon wireless and neither should you.

So basically, while that may be the best choice for YOU, it isn't necessarily the best choice for everyone. IF T-Mobile is the best choice for you, you should certainly go with them. More power to you. As for everyone else, they should determine which is the best choice based upon THEIR needs as they very well may be different than yours.

Okay Okay this is true, tmobile isn't for everyone.  Yes I know that they are not as good as verizon, but they just made a announcement that they will be putting up more cell towers so who knows maybe they will have better coverage then verizon some day, I don't know.....  Even At&t is offering the data roll over soon! AT&T.  So yes I do suppose if you are in a area where no one else works, you are forced into playing Verizon's game. Muahahahahahahahahahahaha!

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

Their roll over is per month not 1 year... A lot of people will not be happy when they get overages.

0 Likes

Tmobile's website says it's good for 12 months, plus tmobile doesn't have overages at all unlike verizon does.  Tmobile is the "uncarrier"

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

Talking about AT&T he mentioned. Theirs last I read was 30 days.

Yes that is true about AT&T, it is not as good as Tmobiles, however still cool.

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

AT&T has a VERY misleading data roll over plan in that ALL of your allowance data must be used before ANY of the roll over data will be used. In many cases, there would be no roll over to the next month even though you did not use all(allowance + roll over) of your data in a given month.

For example:

You have a 10 GB data allowance and you use 6 GB in a month with 4 GB rolled over to the following month.

The following month, you use 11 GB. You FIRST are required to use your 10 GB data allowance and then you will use 1 GB from your rolled over data. At the end of the month, the remaining 3 GB of your rolled over data will expire and you will have NOTHING rolled over to the following month.

Bottom line is that since you do not FIRST use the roll over data, there are MANY months when you will have NO roll over to the following month EVEN THOUGH you do not use all of your data available in a given month.

I am sure they will have customers complaining immediately when they incur overages while THINKING they should have had roll over data available.