Why Am I Getting An Extra Charge On My Bill For Data Usage?

bryangooding

I charged an additional $15 when my data is at 2.36 GB on my phone? Do not see why I am being charged this extra amount. Please advise as to why I am being charged the additional $15. I am getting a phone upgrade and received a tablet. Do I have a certain amount of usage for my phone and tablet combined? Please let me know what is going on with my data usage so I know what is going on. Thank you.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: $15 charge for more data usage

Community Manager
Community Manager

bryangooding, I know first hand how shocking it can be to see a charge on the bill that you were not expecting. Help is here as I can definitely provide explanation on your bill. Weth and Acrillix, thanks so much for your answers as they are helpful.
I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

Did you recently change your plan or the amount of data in your plan.  This happens when you do this mid billing cycle and amounts are prorated. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Acrillix

Never change your plan to take effect as of today...

Increase in Data - Backdate to beginning of bill cycle

Decrease in Data - Futuredate to next bill cycle

Only time you can do same day for decrease is on the same day or 1-2 days before or after. This will impact the proration as little as possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

I know how concerning it can be when you are billed overages bryangooding. Which calling plan are you currently on? I understand you also added a tablet to your account. Data usage done on your phone and tablet will both be taken from your plan allowance. Although, you may have only used 2.36GB on your phone, the data usage on your tablet may have used the remaining data allowance.

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

bryangooding, I know first hand how shocking it can be to see a charge on the bill that you were not expecting. Help is here as I can definitely provide explanation on your bill. Weth and Acrillix, thanks so much for your answers as they are helpful.
I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

NatashaA_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

PLS60048

Can I increase my data one month and decrease it the next without repercussions as long as I backdate and forward date as you described?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

Yes, that is the correct way to do it

0 Likes
Highlighted

SHAJOH7

ineed to add data to my account beginning 8-4-16 for only this month

0 Likes
Highlighted

SHAJOH7

can I add it now to begin aug. 4th month and not continue next month

0 Likes
Highlighted

Weth
Sr. Leader

Add it now and backdate it to the beginning of the cycle,  Then sometime before the end if the cycle change it back down and have it start at the beginning of the next billing period.