Highlighted

Re: Why Am I Being Charged For Data I Didn't Use?

Customer Support

Thank you for clarifying this for us. How much usage tends to occur across those 4 lines at night? Have you tried disabling the mobile data on all 4 devices when charging them over night?

HarleyE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

One phone used 1.3gb and then another 1.4gb overnight.  I have turned off mobile data on one phone and when the system sees it is off line the billing does  stop.  But when I turn it back on I get billed almost immediately while still on wifi 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

It is only reporting what was used before you turned off the cellular data.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Well maybe, just seems strange that after having it off all night long that as soon  as I turn it on I get billed for data while I am still on wifi 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I can definitely understand wanting to know how your data is being charged. Please keep in mind that your data is only being used when you are connected to WiFi for any reason. If your WiFi connection strong and stays connected to your device then you will not be billed. How often are you away from WiFi?

AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

My WiFi in 4 different locations is rock solid.  I am being billed in the middle of the night while on chargers while on wifi. On 4 different phones, every night. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

ya i call [Removed] thats not what i was told im on wifi 90% of the time and they said it still uses the data

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Highlighted

Can I ask how you turn the data assist off on your android phone? I would like to try that.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

We are here to help. What device do you have?

LauraL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have a droid z play

0 Likes