Highlighted

Re: Why Am I Being Charged For Data I Didn't Use?

also the cut off i set it manually to just below 1gb it shuts off

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

whitneymarci,

This is very concerning that you were charged an overage when you had only used 1GB of data. Let’s take a closer look in what is happening. Please send us a message on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/1TOHojY , Twitter at http://bit.ly/21zSiyJ or contact us at 800-922-0204 so we can look into this further for you. Thank you!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

no thank you i have contacted you guys plenty about this i should not have to go to a forum because the customer service is so terrible

Highlighted

Right on, that are charging me for data every night on 4 phones that are on chargers and on wifi.

I'll sign and help with the class action suit.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

That would definitely be concerning.  If your devices are iPhones, please check if Wi-Fi Assist is turned on.  If it is, turn it off.  This can cause network data to be used even when connected to Wi-Fi.

NoahS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Two are iPhone two are Android,  data assist is off. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

JVSID, we want to make sure that this issue with unwanted data usage is being accounted for. When not utilizing the device, do you disable applications? 

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes,  all apps are off,  It's happening when I am on wifi. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

You have 1 GB to share between four lines of service? You should look at each phone to determine what is using the data on each phone and ensure the cellular data connection is turned off when you expect to be connected to a wifi router for extended periods of time. The Android phones can restrict the cellular data at a predetermined level in the Data Usage Settings. The iPhone don't have the same option so you have to make other adjustments to prevent applications from using the cellular data unless absolutely necessary.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi,No, I have 24gb of data to share across the 4 phones, 2 of which are androids.  My concern is that I am been charged for mobile data while I am connected to wifi.  In addition I am being charged for data usage in the middle of the night on all 4 phones randomly while on their chargers on wifi and everyone is sleeping.

0 Likes