Highlighted

Who determines at What % a phone can be turned in for an upgrade?

I chatted with a rep about my plan and thought I was still under the edge program.  He advised me that no longer existed and it was now called the device payment program.  He stated that the manufacturers dictate at what % phones can be upgraded.  Apple will do 50% and Samsung with do 50% etc.  Is there anywhere on your website that lists what percent the respective manufacturers will let you upgrade?

This was foreign to me and I had no idea this was how upgrades were working now or just pay the phone off at 100% and upgrade to whatever you want.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Who determines at What % a phone can be turned in for an upgrade?

Expert

You should always pay for the phone 100% before upgrading to a new phone. For any deal that lets you upgrade at 50% also requires you to trade in your current phone in order for you start a new device payment agreement. You can sell your phone for more than what you would get for the trade in.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Who determines at What % a phone can be turned in for an upgrade?

Expert

You should always pay for the phone 100% before upgrading to a new phone. For any deal that lets you upgrade at 50% also requires you to trade in your current phone in order for you start a new device payment agreement. You can sell your phone for more than what you would get for the trade in.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes