Which should I do 1st: Renew 2-yr plan with iPhone or Switch to the new rollover plan?

I've got 2 lines on one account. We're sharing 1GB of data monthly and getting by, but I wouldn't mind the extra GB for $5 more a month. I'd switch to the new 2GB/$30 plan now, but my contract expires in a few months, and I think Verizon is ending iPhone subsidies.

So, which makes more sense:

1. Switch to the new rollover data plan now?

2. Wait for my contract to be up & get a new iPhone at the discounted price (they still discount it, right?)

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Which should I do 1st: Renew 2-yr plan with iPhone or Switch to the new rollover plan?

Sr. Leader

It all depends on how you want to receive your discount.

If you wait until your contract is up and purchase a new phone under a 2 yr service contract, you will be paying $40/month for the line access fee for that line over the term of the contract AND will have received a $450 discount off of the full retail price of the phone after an up front cost of at least $200. If you purchase a new phone at full retail up front or on payments your line access fee will be $20 for that line on the new plan with no up front phone cost. Over the 2 yr length of a contract, that is a savings of $480.

You decide, save $450 purchasing a contract phone or save $480 purchasing a full retail cost phone. Keep in mind, once you switch to the new Verizon Plan you will no longer have the option to purchase a discounted price phone in exchange for signing a 2 yr service contract.

Highlighted

Re: Which should I do 1st: Renew 2-yr plan with iPhone or Switch to the new rollover plan?

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to make sure you get the most bang for your buck and are on the right plan to save the most money, Quatchi. Depending upon the specific plan and if there are any special promotions available, the answer can really vary. We would like to take a detailed look over your account to advise of your best options. Please feel free to reach out to us directly, we are standing by and happy to help! Click here for our contact page: http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/contact-us.html

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Covid19