Highlighted

Where's the complaint form? And the customer service?

nebraskanfold

Hi everyone,

I traveled to Canada March 22-28 of this year. I travel international at least one to two times a year and months at a time. This year I thought I would get a plan to be able to talk/have data instead of getting a completely different usable phone in the countries I was in.I went into the store to set up the plan and talked with the global team. Let me tell you what a hassle it has been. First, my calling/data didn't even work the whole time! I had to get in touch with a representative while in Canada via the online help and he had to turn the feature on! Then, when we got our bill we were billed TWICE! We were told to only pay for one of the charges.. but now we're being re-charged (because they decided to credit our account..but not even for the full amount?) and incurring a late fee! Did I mention I had to call 3 times to get the plan successfully turned off?

I called multiple times (these are not recorded in my statement?) to get this situation settled and I am VERY displeased at the level of customer service. First, the lack of information, and correct information, is the whole reason we are in this mess. There is no consistency with the representatives-both internal and external and no one seems to have correct and accurate information. Secondly, I feel like they have not been helpful, at all, and sometimes even rude and sassy. If you're having a bad day don't come to work because you're just doing the company harm. Third, I finally asked to speak to a supervisor and had to ask MULTIPLE times before she put in my request and she started to have an attitude with me. I am suppose to be contacted by the supervisor within 2-24 hours. You better believe I will call back if I have not talked to a supervisor in 24 hours.

The money... well...it's money. Now I am more frustrated at the customer service or lack there of. We don't HAVE to be Verizon customers. If this Canada/Mexico plan would have worked well I would have bought international plans every time I traveled. But now, NEVER again. NEVER. We don't need Verizon, Verizon need consumers...aka us, you, people!

I wish there was a complaint form-but instead I'm resorting to this. I have been on the phone enough with the "customer service" representatives.

P.S. We have been Verizon customers ever since they took over our Alltel store in 2008 (we were Alltel customers for years before this too-ever since we had cell phones) It makes me sad to even consider switching carriers. But if the customer service is not improved, and I continue to get inaccurate information, I will.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Where's the complaint form? And the customer service?

Snn5
Sr. Leader

We are a peer-to-peer forum, but we hear you.

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

It is much much less frustrating and much more accurate to do any change you can yourself on My Verizon.  Adding global plan is something you do not need CS for in most cases.  While unfortunate, you will find doing it yourself is better. There is too much variability in caring and expertise with CS reps. 

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

nebraskanfold wrote:

This year I thought I would get a plan to be able to talk/have data instead of getting a completely different usable phone in the countries I was in.

One thing you may want to consider is to purchase a SIM from a local provider to use in your phone. That way, you don't need to get a "completely different usable phone" but will instead use your current phone with a local plan in the countries to which you travel. The cost will be significantly lower than any international plan you can get from Verizon.Smiley Happy

0 Likes