When will the unlimited plan reapply the employee discount program?

eyom

I heard that March 1, 2017 that Verizon was going to reintroduce the employee discount program for the folks on the unlimited plan.  Was that just a myth or a fact?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes

Re: When will the unlimited plan reapply the employee discount program?

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

That was simply a rumor. Verizon has made no statement that employer discounts other than military discounts will ever apply to the unlimited data plan.

0 Likes

VzWuserRC

I was just chatted online with a Verizon Wireless representative. He quoted my "switching to Unlimited Plan" cost. His quotes included the Employee Discount amount. I should need to double verify whether Employee Discount is now valid on Unlimited Plan or not?

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

No it is not.

0 Likes
Highlighted

silver6056

rcschnoor wrote:

That was simply a rumor. Verizon has made no statement that employer discounts other than military discounts will ever apply to the unlimited data plan.

One possible confusion:  March 1st was the date that Verizon employees could get the unlimited plan, with the standard employee discount.  It's possible that some CSRs got this confused with employee discounts in general.

But employees are often not told about pending changes like this.  Employees were not told about the details of the unlimited plan until it launched (to preserve secrecy apparently) causing situations where customers knew more than the person answering the call.

0 Likes

VzWuserRC

Thank you for clarification! If I read your msg correctly, the so-call "Employee Discount" only apply to Verizon employees. Right? What about for Verizon Retirees? I wonder.

0 Likes