When suspended line is reactivated, got 2 "Smartphone line access" charges

My phone line had been suspended while I was abroad. When it was reactivated, I received the following charges: 

One Time Charges/Refunds:

-Line Voluntarily Suspended Refund: -$9.33

-Smartphone line access (09/21 - 10/18): $18.67

Monthly Charges:

-Smartphone line access: $20

Why am I getting charged 2X for "Smartphone line access"?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: When suspended line is reactivated, got 2 "Smartphone line access" charges

Expert

Was your line reactivated on 9/21? If so, you activated the phone in the middle of your billing cycle. The bill appears to have been generated for billing cycle ending on 10/18. You are being back charged the access fee for the partial billing cycle between 9/19 and 10/18 plus for the current billing cycle of 10/19 through 11/18 plus you were refunded partially for the suspension fee that was previously charged in the billing cycle between 9/19 and 10/18.

You aren't being charged twice for the line access fee. You were charged for services you incurred in the previous billing cycle that you hadn't already paid for. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Customer Support

Hello, phasedmemories. We want to make sure you have a full understanding of your charges. To clarify, did you reconnect the line in the middle of your billing cycle? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes

Expert

Was your line reactivated on 9/21? If so, you activated the phone in the middle of your billing cycle. The bill appears to have been generated for billing cycle ending on 10/18. You are being back charged the access fee for the partial billing cycle between 9/19 and 10/18 plus for the current billing cycle of 10/19 through 11/18 plus you were refunded partially for the suspension fee that was previously charged in the billing cycle between 9/19 and 10/18.

You aren't being charged twice for the line access fee. You were charged for services you incurred in the previous billing cycle that you hadn't already paid for. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Thank you for the information!

0 Likes