Highlighted

When Is RCS coming?

Tbaptiste24

I had a question on if there is a timeline on when RCS would roll out? Let's face it for android users sms/mms is old and unreliable at best. Especially when you are in a group message. RCS is a massive and much needed improvement to the current messaging situation for us android users. I know the Verizon message + app is Verizon's take on RCS but it requires everyone to have the app and not everyone I talk to has it and or Verizon. I would seriously like to know if there is any plan on making it available to your customers? It would make things much better if it would be adopted.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: When Is RCS coming?

slopiijoe

RCS actually might be going live today with Pixel 3 devices on Verizon. There is scheduled a big update for tomorrow about RCS as well. My guess it will be live on every phone by the year's end with Samsung and Google phones seeing the fastest updates.

https://www.gsma.com/futurenetworks/events-and-webinars/gsma-rcs-business-messaging-innovators-lab-1...

0 Likes

gregl_vzw
VZ Employee Emeritus

Having the latest features and services is always ideal, Tbaptiste24. I am happy to go over some details. I looked through our upcoming releases and at this time, there are not any that will include Rich Communication Service (RCS) messaging. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I will bring this up to my leadership as we are always looking for ways to improve our customer's experience. To stay up to date on the latest features and offerings, please visit our news page at the link below:

https://www.verizon.com/about/news

GregL_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

jeffc73

I like how RCS is a lot simpler product and work to roll out was started a long time ago but you guys got 5g rolled out quick. RCS and 5G would be great. So lets get this RCS rolling out already.