What uses data?

What functions use Data and how do I tell how much data a hot spot or streaming uses?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: What uses data?

Ann154
Expert

Applications, Email, browsing the web are just some examples of data usage.

The Android phones will list hotspot usage separately from any other data usage under the Data Usage Settings. I'm not sure if the iPhones do as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Applications, Email, browsing the web are just some examples of data usage.

The Android phones will list hotspot usage separately from any other data usage under the Data Usage Settings. I'm not sure if the iPhones do as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

jacob_l123

Both Your Phone And My Verizon Give A Good Idea Of How Much Data Is Being Used, And By What App. Your Phone Will Help You More To See An Individual App, While My Verizon Tells If It Was Video, Or Web browsing, email, or other topics. To Find Your Hotspot Usage while not on an unlimited plan, your phone will be the only option. If You are in the unlimited plan, you can see your hotspot usage under the web version of My Verizon and under my usage. From there, you can choose which line to look at, and you should see a little bar explaining the 10 GB limit, then throtteling to 3g speeds for the remainder of the billing period. I Am Sure That Verizon Reps Over the Phone Or Though Chat Could Also look that up for you if you have any issues trying to find it.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Understanding how data is used is important with your devices, UTURNSFORJESUS. Ann154 and jacob_l123 provided helpful information, but I wanted to ensure we got you fully covered. Our data calculator online shows how much data certain features will use. Click here to check that out: http://spr.ly/65818qcHW. Your hotspot usage is separated on your My Verizon account online. When you log in, click on My Usage, View Usage. When you click on each line within your account, it will show you High-speed hotspot data and how much you have left for each line.

NicoleB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes