What to do if coustomer service can't resovle issue?

I am contacting Verizon in hopes to resolve my account issues. I am a relatively new customer to Verizon. I placed my order to establish service with Verizon December 22, 2014. A few days after ordering new phone service is when our horrific experience begins.

I called to transfer 5 active lines within a family plan from ATT to Verizon as a family plan. We did not have any problems signing up and the customer service rep was very knowledgeable and answered all our questions. They clarified there shall be no deposit or activation fees. We were to receive the promotional $150 credit per line within 1-3 billing cycles. The customer service rep ended the call after confirming our order was correct, expected monthly bill, and that we would receive our phones a couple of days after Christmas.

A few days after Christmas we contacted Verizon a 2nd time. We only received tracking information for two out of five phones. We called in to find out that there was only an order for a total of two phones. After being transferred more than three times someone was able to find the missing three orders and got them shipped.

Late January is when I contacted Verizon about not receiving a bill yet. I was then informed that they only had one phone line under my name. I was transferred to every department available. After about an hour someone finally was able to find all phone lines and combine in one account. In short, I called in a second occasion, and the five phone lines were still all separate. I went through the transferring and holding game again (1.5 hours), and was again told the issue was fixed.

Next, we began to receive phone calls that our service will be disconnected because of no payment. I called in to investigate. They insured me my account was up to date, and to disregard the phone calls. A few days later, one of our phone lines had been disconnect. I had to place a call once again (call time more than 2 hours). During this call the agent found the account that was disconnected. It was still not included on my family account and was being billed separate. (A bill I never received). The agent informed me that I would have to pay the disconnect account charges before they can combine to my family account. This agent informed me they cannot zero balance the account even after I told them the accounts were wrong due to Verizon. This agent was not willing to resolve the problem as 90% of the Verizon’s agents I talked to.

During this same call I was transferred to another agent that took their time to completely investigate my account. This agent stayed on the line with me while I spoke with other agents about the issue. With her help I was finally able to get all five lines on one plan and receive ONE monthly charge.

Unfortunately the story does not stop here. I once again had to contact Verizon. The first full bill we received was astronomically high compared to what the initial sales rep discussed during the ordering process. The agent found that we were not being billed correctly. They went through and adjusted accordingly. I also informed them that we had not received any of our (5) $150 bill credit per line as promised. This agent sent me a personal email re-capping all adjustments. This agent was very helpful in trying to fix my account.

To continue, on Thursday of last week I received a call from Verizon that I have an account in collections and I need to pay the balance to avoid the account being reported on my credit. I quickly informed her that this was a mistake and I only have one family account with Verizon. I initially expected stolen identity. After to speaking more with the agent I realized it was another Verizon scam to get me to pay your company’s mistake. She tried to transfer me to another department to resolve the issue. She returned on the line and stated she cannot get in contact with that department. She tried again and still no answer. She was not able to do anything about my account in collections.

As of today, May 4, 2015, we have had service for 4 full months and working on our 5th.  So far we have received one sort of accurate bill (still not accurate based on our initial call to establish service), one out of five $100 phone credits (not within the 1-3 months), and lost countless hours on unsuccessful calls to Verizon’s incapable customer service. Only two out of more than 20 reps showed any apparent concern about our account issues.

In conclusion, what I would have considered a simple mix up by the sales rep has caused about 6 months of unresolved issues. This issue has been made aware to the company on at least 10 different occasions. I also completed a phone survey from Verizon that expressed all my issues almost 2 months ago. I still have not received any follow-up from my survey as stated.

I will not spend one more second on the phone with Verizon’s customer service discussing this same issue over and over again. I have been given false information every single time my account is promised to be corrected. I will also not do anymore of my own investigating into this problem that I did not cause. I know the issue inside and out. If there was anyone at Verizon that took my account serious this issue would have been resolved in a timely manner, and this letter would not be required.

Labels (1)

Re: What to do if coustomer service can't resovle issue?

Sr. Leader

IM sorry this was such a mess.  It's not normal. 

DId you sign up online?  I have had good service in Verizon stores and will not do business online.  Your experience confirms my concerns about lost phone, wrong computer entries and wrong billing.

there are a few mobility CSR on this forum, you should seek them out and hopefully get this fixed.

i Understand you can contact on Facebook and Twitter Also.

It is normal. I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with 4 different employees trying to fix Verizon's error in removing my employer discount two months ago without notifying me, as they say they are required to do so. While they did credit my account, there is no attempt on their part to compensate (even a simple gift card) for the inconvenience it caused me for their error. I am left wondering if this is done in hopes some will not notice the bill increase. Anyhow, you can ask for supervisor after supervisor, but they refuse - or lack the authority to provide amicable remediation for their company's error (only what THEY feel is right on their part). Customer service is NOT their strong point.

Still waiting for a call from supervisor Althea Washington, who was supposed to call yesterday. Glad contract is up in October.

mama23dogs- I order service over the phone. I tried to contact over Facebook and could not, and I do not have a twitter account.

Thank you for reading my post and the info.

0 Likes

Smarshall8.......Your experience sounds very familiar in the fact Verizon make huge mistakes and do not attempt to compensate at all.  Although I am not in search for compensation, I have not received any adjustments or credits to my bill through-out this entire experience. I'm constantly trying to fix their problem as if I'm employed by Verizon.

0 Likes

I have contained to contact Verizon about the issue. We have spent hours at the  store and the most they have done is added 2 of the missing 4 credits to our account

I know have a Verizon account in collects and reported on my credit report- Although I still have active service and making payments. This issue is being reported to the Better Business Bureau and all other authorities that handles business complaints.

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

I believe the reason you are having this problem is all about the dates.

THe port in promotion started December 29, although the adds were released over 2 months early. 

IF you ported in a week before, you would not have been eligible for the credits.  If you got them, you got a bonus.

why the dates on these and other promotions are not made clear is beyond comprehension.

0 Likes

Leader

This may not help but here is what I suspect happened. And this is all assuming that you purchased the phones on Edge. Each Edge transaction must be processed separately. When you don't already have an existing account the system creates a new account for each of these Edge transactions. The account is not created until the phone is activated. Don't shoot the messenger, this is just how it happens. Then they must manually go in and combine them.

Now, the reason for the confusion. The phone rep knew that you would never be able to talk to him/her again so s/he didn't care. S/he was being paid commission on 5 new lines of service. What really should have been done was to order ONE device, have it activated and then and only when the account was created order the rest of the devices. Then there should have been no confusion. Not saying that it is your fault and I totally agree that this should have been handled in one phone call (getting the accounts combined and on the correct price plan) but over the phone the rep was taking the 5 lines because it earns more money than one line. S/he didn't want those 4 other lines going to another rep. A classic example of the rep doing what's right for them and not the customer. At least in store a rep could have processed the order for one and then when you got the phone and activated you could have gone back to see that rep to get the others set up. Someone else said that they only go to a store. So do I. Just because I don't like talking on the phone and it is easier to get my point across when the other person isn't being timed on how long they are spending time with you.

0 Likes

Leader

Oh. If you didn't do Edge then forget my previous post.

0 Likes

It truly is the case with Verizon. Too bad so sad it how its done with these people. Good luck.

0 Likes