Highlighted

What is the line access fee?

I just switched over to the Unlimited plan and there is a $40 line access fee that I was unaware of...is this a one-time fee?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: What is the line access fee?

Nope. It's the fee that's not mentioned in their promo for unlimited everything. Everyone had to pay this line access fee. If you are still on a contract and didn't pay retail for your phone, the fee is $40 per month, per phone. If you pay a monthly fee for your phone, your access fee is $20 per phone. When your contract is over, the fee automatically changes to $20, so I was told at a verizon store today.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Nope. It's the fee that's not mentioned in their promo for unlimited everything. Everyone had to pay this line access fee. If you are still on a contract and didn't pay retail for your phone, the fee is $40 per month, per phone. If you pay a monthly fee for your phone, your access fee is $20 per phone. When your contract is over, the fee automatically changes to $20, so I was told at a verizon store today.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Are you serious?? That's so annoying...hidden fees are not ways for them to keep customers.  Definitely giving them a call tomorrow.  Thanks for your help.

Highlighted

I agree. I didn't realize what the full price would be until I changed to the unlimited plan, then promptly changed back to the plan I had previously. What I thought was going to be a great bargain would have cost me an extra $70 per month. Not worth it for me.

Highlighted

Exactly.  I might as well keep my old plan and be charged overage fees with the data they give me because that would still cost less than what they're offering now.

Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Your line access fees remain the same with the new unlimited plan, and could increase for some devices.  All that really changes is the cost for the data bucket, so you need to compare that number and decide if you really need the unlimited data.

Our cost would increase by $60 a month for an amount of data we wouldn't touch.  We manage our data and rarely come close to our 4GB limit. I'll stick with what we have for now.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

It is however listed in their FAQs for the plan. The contract line access fee has been $40 since the original announcement for the Verizon Plans.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

No, it is every month per phone on the plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Such a scam.  I got lied to when changing plan to unlimited.  It wasn't future days and was backdated.  Got messed up and the guy didn't tell me.  He also said I could select the auto pay date and he lied.  Verizon loves messing up their customers.   No longer will be with this company.

0 Likes
Covid19