What is the difference between 'unknown' and 'no caller id?'

What is difference between calls that show up as UNKNOWN  and those that show as  NO CALLER ID ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: UNKNOWN vs NO CALLER ID

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi maggs,

You have a great question, but no worries. I can clear this up for you. Calls that show up as "No Caller ID" means that the caller has blocked their number from appearing when calling you. When it comes up as "Unknown" it normally means that the network was not able to get the information when the call was made. I hope this helps.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: UNKNOWN vs NO CALLER ID

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi maggs,

You have a great question, but no worries. I can clear this up for you. Calls that show up as "No Caller ID" means that the caller has blocked their number from appearing when calling you. When it comes up as "Unknown" it normally means that the network was not able to get the information when the call was made. I hope this helps.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Covid19