Highlighted

What is the Line Access Fee?

BEQUIASON

On a serious note what is this ridiculously named "line access fee" really about? is it just some other random name for them to create something to charge us and extra $20.00 per month, even tho your phone's paid off? I'm here in the republic of South Korea and there's no such thing as a "Line access fee". so what's up with these scammers there in the US?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: "line access fee"

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

"Line access fee" is just a name they use for their accounting system, nothing more. You get charged a certain amount for your service. What does it matter if Verizon splits that amount up into different buckets and gives them arbitrary names. You are still paying what Verizon charges for their service.

Do you expect to pay a single amount and then get to add as many lines as you would like with no additional charges? With the same data allowance, I don't think I should pay the same amount for 4 lines as someone pays for 10 lines and I don't think someone with only 1 line should be paying the same amount as I pay. Without a "line access fee", that is EXACTLY what would be happening.

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

"Line access fee" is just a name they use for their accounting system, nothing more. You get charged a certain amount for your service. What does it matter if Verizon splits that amount up into different buckets and gives them arbitrary names. You are still paying what Verizon charges for their service.

Do you expect to pay a single amount and then get to add as many lines as you would like with no additional charges? With the same data allowance, I don't think I should pay the same amount for 4 lines as someone pays for 10 lines and I don't think someone with only 1 line should be paying the same amount as I pay. Without a "line access fee", that is EXACTLY what would be happening.

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out with your concern BEQUIASON. The line access charge is part of the total cost to connect multiple lines to a single, cheaper, more accessible plan. This allows us to connect multiple lines to a shared plan. If you want to know more about our new plans, you can follow this link for more information, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/the-new-verizon-plan-faqs/.

Verizon_Customer_Support

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this! 

0 Likes

Fisher66

Do you have to pay the $20/month for a second smart phone line regardless of wether the phone is paid off or not? My question being if I bought a phone outright would I still have to pay the $20 access fee or is that just for phones on the 2 year payment plan? 

0 Likes

Customer Service Rep

That's definitely a good question we get often, Fisher66. The Line Acess Charge for smartphone lines on a standard monthly plan would normally be $20.00/month. This is a charge for service connected to the phone meaning customer with more phones are charged more than those with less devices. If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

ZaakC_VZW

0 Likes

boringusername

@Fisher66 wrote:

Do you have to pay the $20/month for a second smart phone line regardless of wether the phone is paid off or not? My question being if I bought a phone outright would I still have to pay the $20 access fee or is that just for phones on the 2 year payment plan? 

If you are on plan that has line access fees yes you have to pay. The fee has nothing to do with whether or not a phone has payments

0 Likes