Highlighted

What is the $20 "Minimum service contract fee"?

ANDSCH92

I switched to the unlimited plan yesterday and expected $40 per line plus taxes.  One of the lines also has a $20 "Minimum Service Contract Fee", bringing my invoice to $180 for 4 lines before taxes and fees.  Can someone explain what this $20 fee is for?  None of the 4 phones was subsidized, however I may have done a monthly installment on one of them with some time left on it.  Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: What is the $20 "Minimum service contract fee"?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I would want to know about an unexpected charge like this, too. The line that has the extra $20 charge on it must have still been in contract when you changed plans. Once the contract term is complete, the $20 charge will stop.

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

MELCAM34

Two questions..... why is this not disclosed when you are on the phone with an agent over an hour changing the plan? How does one find out WHEN the charge will stop or verify what length the contract was to begin with? We have had these phones for years and switched plans with not a subsidized phone active. Why should we have to keep paying this? Could be a dash to Sprint in the near future.

Highlighted

lukevinyl

You already stated in the other thread that 2 of them weren't eligible for upgrade yet which means that they were in fact still in a contract....

0 Likes
Highlighted

ANDSCH20

I originally opened this question.   Completely ridiculous that Verizon repeatedly texts a 10 + year customer with 4 lines to upgrade to the unlimited plan and FAILS TO MENTION:

1. one line will have another $20 fee on top of the $160 for 4 lines. (Minimum service cintract).  So encouraging me to break the apparent contract without highlighting the repercussions

2.  Also fails to mention that a corporate discount, that did nothing but bring rates more into reality with the market will DISAPPEAR,  as it no longer applies to unlimited Plan.

2 or 3 calls to customer service and Still nobody will tell you that the unlimited plan is excluded from contracts and Corporate discounts. 

All while  ive got a sales guy from one of the local retail stores texting me to add lines and great promotions.

Time for some transparency and cutting back on the automated texts etc if they don’t have the smarts to highlight tradeoffs.   I need to add another line and I’m super close to paying more for single line vs adding a $40 line.   Give someone else a shot and see how the best network stacks up in 2018.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We are sorry to hear about the confusion with our Unlimied Data Plans. We never want you to feel like we withheld information from you. The Unlimied Data plan is already at a great value. You can also get other kind of discounts to help you when changing to Unlimited. Follow the FAQ's page to find out more about all of our Unlimied Data plans available at this time, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/new-verizon-plan-unlimited-faqs/.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Unfortunately the FAQ have changed and no longer included or feature information like, “lines with a 2 year contract are $40 until contract is completed” or “military and veterans discount only” like it did when the plan was debuted in February 2017.  Seems your writers have been taking lessons from ATT writers (ATT writers leave out or obscure important details).

That said, ANDSCH20​ you must not have come here until recently.  Until October/November the above (Now missing or harder to find) information was front and center, big letters on the website and in the FAQ.  It was also discussed on the forum.  If you had a More Everything plan previously, out of contract discounts should have been a familiar idea.  One would hope no customer buys goods or services without actually reading what they’re buying.  (Rather than talking to a SALES PERSON working with a quota to fill)

Highlighted

J2771

I also changed from the medium plan to the unlimited plan and transferred a number that was"under contract" until May.  I was assured that there was no cost to move the line since the line was just being transferred but the contract would remain in effect until May. My surprise came when I saw the bill and had a $20 "Minimum contract fee". I called verizon and they explained previous contract was $40 for the 2g and then $35 for the line=$75.  Now I am paying $55 per line so they need to add $20 so  the cost is $75. Therefore verizon isn't losing any money when a person switches to a supposedly better plan..... vey deceptive.  I repeatedly asked the rep about this contract and was assured there were no fees to move the line....again shame on you verizon for not being up front!  It's free to move the line but you add another fee that is no disclosed! I understand if a phone is under agreement with payments but in this case the phone is paid for and it appears that verizon doesn't want  to lose any money therefore the $20 charge.

0 Likes
Highlighted

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Let’s be clear, you are not being “charged for switching plans “. It’s not a fee or penalty.  You are under a 2 year contract, and this is how you complete your contracted obligation.

after the contract expires, your line fee will drop to $20, rather than $40.  (Which it should have been on the medium plan also).

You wrote “$40 for the 2g and then $35 for the line”. That’s backwards. The line fee was $40 as you were under contract.  You must have had a discounted data plan.

Im not sure you understand the cost structure of the unlimited plan.  Where are you getting $55 and $75?

It’s ala carte - there is a charge for the data plan.  Then each line/device/phone number has a fee for access.  The out of contract line is $20, in contract is $40.  Each line has taxes and fees. 

The cost per line is $40, plus tax and fees.  Not $55 unless you have insurance?

The primary line will also show the attached data plan, so one line will appear to have a much larger charge. (Not really). 

Please read through your bill.  If you have insurance on almost 2 year old phones, do you still want it?

0 Likes
Highlighted

J2771

I am on the beyond unlimited plan,  I am paying per lines,  not alacarte as you say.  I transferred a line under contract and per verizon rep since I was just transferring the line I would not incur any charges.  My problem comes from the rep assuring me there would be no additional fees!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A