What happens when I run out of data for the month?

ANNSTA84

What happens when i run out of data for the month?  Do I get added more automatically or am I stopped or throttled back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: what happens when i run out of data for the month

lukevinyl

Depends on the plan you are on. If you are on a plan with an allowance, you would get overage charges (if safety mode enabled, no overages but would throttle data speeds). If you increase the data allowance (when increased, can typically be backdated to beginning of cycle to avoid overage charges which would likely be the cheapest route).

If on unlimited there is no "running out" but if hitting the soft caps would cause "data-reprioritization".

View solution in original post

0 Likes

lukevinyl

Depends on the plan you are on. If you are on a plan with an allowance, you would get overage charges (if safety mode enabled, no overages but would throttle data speeds). If you increase the data allowance (when increased, can typically be backdated to beginning of cycle to avoid overage charges which would likely be the cheapest route).

If on unlimited there is no "running out" but if hitting the soft caps would cause "data-reprioritization".

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

ANNSTA84,

We appreciate you reaching out to us regarding your data concern. We will be more than happy to go over the details. Lukevinyl- is correct, your data allowance will be affected depending on the type of plan you are on.  Can you please verify what type of plan you have? You will be able to view these details online through your my Verizon account as well as your monthly statement. Please keep in mind, depending on the type of plan you have, we will send you a courtesy text when you are close to your allowance advising you if you will be receiving either an overage charge or if safety mode has been activated, messages will vary depending on plan type.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

arbidar

I do not want to purchase more data. We overused on vacation by mistake Can I just let it run out? Thank you for any help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

@arbidar wrote:

I do not want to purchase more data. We overused on vacation by mistake Can I just let it run out? Thank you for any help.

It depends on the plan you have.  If you have a plan that allows you to use "Safety Mode", you can enable that.  Then, when you reach your data limit, you can continue to use data, but it will be frustratingly slow for the remainder of your billing cycle.

If you have a Verizon Up reward available it may give the option for 1 GB bonus data; I've used this a few times to give us a boost when I realize we are coming close to our limit.  It's been helpful.

What plan are you on now?  Yes, you most likely do have the option to simply let the plan run out and just use wifi for the remainder of your biling cycle, so there would be no extra charges.  

arbidar

Thank you. Very helpful!

0 Likes