Highlighted

What happens when I go over my data limit?

I'm new to Verizon and I'm not sure if it just slows down or if I'm charged extra money. Greatly appreciate your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: What happens when I go over my data limit?

kaebfly
Leader

If you're on a post pay plan you will be charged overages for each gb you go over. I believe it's $15 per gb.

sprmankalel
Leader

It is $15 per 1GB that you go over your limit. Verizon does not slow down the speeds that you have access to.

You can also change your plan to a higher one to give you more data. This can be done by logging in to the website.

Make sure that you BACK DATE your change to take effect at the beginning of your current bill cycle. This way you will save a little money.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We're always happy to answer any questions you have and are excited to welcome you into the Verizon family. To answer, if going over your data allowance an overage charge of $15 is charged per GB of data over. So if your allowance is 12GB and for your billing cycle you have used 14GB of data the total overage cost will be $30. We do always keep our customers updated with notifications of usage and always offer the options of upgrading their data plan to avoid the overage charges. Let us know if this information helps.
KleoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Weth
Sr. Leader

Just to be clear, it is $15 per any portion of a GB you go over. So if you have 12 GB and you use 12.001 GB, you will get the $15 charge.