What happens to my discount when I pay off my device payment plan?

dinamat

When I pay off my edge agreement early does my line access go up and the edge discount come off

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Pay off edge

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

dinamat wrote:

When I pay off my edge agreement early does my line access go up and the edge discount come off

That is correct. When you pay off your Edge agreement, you will lose your discount. If you pay it off and do nothing, you will lose your discount.

Once you pay off your Edge agreement, you become eligible for a month to month discount of equal value for being out of contract of any kind(service or Edge). This discount does not attach itself to your line by itself, though. If you do nothing, you WILL NOT get this discount. You have to go into your MyVerizon online account and add it yourself in the manage features section. You may also be able to call into CS to have them add it, but from the posts on this forum many CS agents are unaware of this discount or they intentionally act as if they are unaware.

Additionally, when adding this discount you will get a notification it may take 1-2 billing cycles for the discount to take effect so you may have a month or two with the higher line access fee. For what it is worth, each time I have added the month to month discount to a line on my account, the discount showed up on my next bill.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted

bizzareone

NOPE. you don't get the " EDGE discount" but instead you get the "month-to-month" discount. The amounts are the same just a different name for it.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

dinamat wrote:

That is correct. When you pay off your Edge agreement, you will lose your discount. If you pay it off and do nothing, you will lose your discount.

Once you pay off your Edge agreement, you become eligible for a month to month discount of equal value for being out of contract of any kind(service or Edge). This discount does not attach itself to your line by itself, though. If you do nothing, you WILL NOT get this discount. You have to go into your MyVerizon online account and add it yourself in the manage features section. You may also be able to call into CS to have them add it, but from the posts on this forum many CS agents are unaware of this discount or they intentionally act as if they are unaware.

Additionally, when adding this discount you will get a notification it may take 1-2 billing cycles for the discount to take effect so you may have a month or two with the higher line access fee. For what it is worth, each time I have added the month to month discount to a line on my account, the discount showed up on my next bill.Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Community Manager
Community Manager

bizzareone, we want our customers to take advantage of every benefit on our network. You can save up to $25.00 off the line access fee per Verizon Edge Smartphone when subscribing to a More Everything plan. For more details regarding how Edge works, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/edge/?intcmp=SearchBanner:edge:Top

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!