Highlighted

What does 'message expired' mean?

HEADIL97

keep getting a text that says "message to ***-***-**** expired" what does this mean

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Text messages

Community Manager
Community Manager

HEADIL97, we want to make sure that you don't miss any important text messages on your device. Which make/model phone do you have? When does this happen? Do you receive this text message after sending a text message from your phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

HEADIL97 wrote:

keep getting a text that says "message to ***-***-**** expired" what does this mean

It means that you received a MMS message from someone and it wasn't downloaded in the time frame allowed (usually about three days). You need to find that message and delete it. Whoever sent it to you, will have to send it again as the information has been deleted from the VZW server.

I know this from personal experience.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

joshmancos98

I only have this issue when receiving pic messages this week.  Tried restarting phone, tried wiping cache and data, nothing worked.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We appreciate the troubleshooting efforts. Just to be sure, are you having the problem with any photo message you receive regardless of who sent it? Is the Cellular Data enabled when you receive the photo messages?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes